Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you Veronicas. Best explanation I have heard so far. I appreciate your reply.

So, I can record something manually if I am watching it. Is there a feature to let me select a program on the epg and just jump to it when it comes on? Or how about a timer screen to let me do that manually? Just only jump to a selected channel. That would get me half way there.

Junoir Member
    How do you delete a recording

Also how do you delete apk files in downloads folder

Thanks

this is very useful file manager for deleting all recordings

aptoide > tools : total commander (v2.80)
    I gather darkness to please me...

TV Addicted
    tks captain total commander works great

Junoir Member
    Can you use either flash drive or self-power USB hard drive?

Is there file size limit? What file system should the USB device be formatted for? Fat32? NTFS partition?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason9040 View Post
    Can you use either flash drive or self-power USB hard drive?

Is there file size limit? What file system should the USB device be formatted for? Fat32? NTFS partition?
    In regards to "self powered HDD" - If its USB3, it might not be a good idea. You may under power the drive, or burn out the USB port. I would highly recommend a powered drive unless you can operate the drive with a USB 2 cable (I have one that supports that) Usually when using a usb2 cable on a USB 3 drive, the cable only fits into part of the socket on the drive. Looks goofy, but it actually works.

I would be cautious using a flash drive because the number of writes taking place will burn it out over time. Its okay for an occasional recording.

I would definitely use a HDD (mechanical hard drive). In regards to FAT32 vs NTFS - ALWAYS TRY NTFS FIRST. NTFS has many advantages including the larger than 4gb filesize limit which you mentioned above.

In addition, NTFS is a JOURNALED filesystem. Fat32 is NOT. FAT32 data is VERY PRONE to "Bit Rot" especially if the data is on the drive for an extended time. You won't notice much degration at first, but eventually the file will degrade to the point of being unusable.

This is the main big reason to prefer NTFS. If you are a Linux man, you could also try ext3, and ext4 - they are both journaled and may be supported as well.

If you can't get the above to work, FAT32 is the last resort. Just make sure you move your recordings to a different place/disk which has a journaled filesystem and power the device on at least every month, connected to a PC to prevent Bit rot. Every time you power the device on, the filesystem will begin looking for corrupt bits, and fix it. That's a really simple version of the explanation lol. Don't ever put stuff on a HDD and store it somewhere for months/years without powering up the drive.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by veronicas; 07-08-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Just to note:

Bits lost to 'Bit Rot' and extra parity bits are all redirected to the bit bucket. If you can't find them there, then they might have com out the side and are laying on the floor.
    My wife is always yelling at me for getting parity bits all over the floor. They are hell to vacuum up.
    he-he-he

Junoir Member
    Hi. Im having issues recording anything. I have formatted a 1tb ext hd as fat 32 but in total commander it is showing as full but this is wrong as its new and had nothing on it. Is 1tb too much for the dreamlink?

TV Addicted
    This is strange, yesterday I had the T1+ pausing and rewinding TV on DOL2, today I can get the menu slider to pop up at the bottom but can not pause and rewind TV, am I missing something ?

Quote Originally Posted by bombz View Post
    This is strange, yesterday I had the T1+ pausing and rewinding TV on DOL2, today I can get the menu slider to pop up at the bottom but can not pause and rewind TV, am I missing something ?
    Are you on the same channel? You have to be on a channel that has timeshifting enabled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast