Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy iptv66 is blocking VPN connections

Within the past week or so (I have been out of town) it appears that iptv66 has begun blocking my IPVanish VPN connection for streaming 99% of the channels. Everything works when I disconnect from the VPN. It is doing this in Kodi 17.3 Stalker, SPMC 16.6 Stalker, STB EMU, and with M3U playlists, so it is not a problem with my setup. It is NOT a problem with IPV or my ISP blocking the connection because it still connects and downloads the channel list, and channels 21 and 77 do work with the VPN connected. Until now, I have always used IPV VPN with iptv66 without an issue. I have also tried many different IPV VPN server IP addresses in the US and in other countries, without success. ALL of the other Kodi video add-ons that I use are working fine with the VPN connected. I have tried doing an iptv66 reset several times without success. I have come to the conclusion that this is something that iptv66 has recently implemented. IMO this is a very bad idea since it exposes me/us to unnecessary risk and possible negative consequences in the DCMA world that we now live in. I will NOT risk using any Kodi video add-on or iptv66 without a VPN, so the iptv66 service is presently useless to me. The iptv66 powers-that-be should reconsider their implementation of VPN IP address blocking so that the users have some measure of protection and security for themselves.

Pinball Wizard
    My Vpn works for Rocket (same as IPTV66), have it on streaming mode and usually use Canada or Mexico. Do a speed check on your device with and without VPN. Usually VPN's have slower speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser View Post
    My Vpn works for Rocket (same as IPTV66), have it on streaming mode and usually use Canada or Mexico. Do a speed check on your device with and without VPN. Usually VPN's have slower speeds.
    Which VPN provider do you use? I have IPVanish. Perhaps, for some unknown reason, iptv66 is only blocking IP addresses from certain VPN providers.
    I get over 30mbps when the VPN is connected so speed certainly isn't the problem here. I get excellent VPN performance using other content providers, and it worked fine with iptv66 until just recently.

In the NFPS forum I found this thread... http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...by-IPTV-server, so I am not the only one experiencing this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinydread View Post
    I have been using IPTV through VPN for a long time now. Suddenly today I can only connect through the regular ISP. Anyone else having this problem?
    Two other posters also complained about this.

Dara's reply/response in this thread was nonsense (sorry Dara).

There was also this...
    Quote Originally Posted by pod77 View Post
    Also check this out as well:
    This is directly from the NFPS admin
    IMPORTANT: If you use VPN and the service doesn't work then please try without the VPN because some datacenters are blacklisted for security reasons.
    This, to me, is an admission that they are actually blocking some VPN IP addresses for "Security Reasons". Is it REALLY necessary to use this measure for security reasons (above and beyond all of the other measures that are being used)? Why? Security for who? It certainly doesn't enhance MY security, it compromises it. NOT using my VPN is NOT a solution and NOT an option! IMO, anyone who isn't using a VPN to access copy written streaming content is just asking for trouble. I understand why Netflix and Hulu are blocking VPN connections, it is because their content providers (the studios) are requiring it for geographical access purposes, but for IPTV, I don't understand the rationale behind this.

And, in the Kodi forum there is another thread about this same problem... http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...s-stop-working

Pinball Wizard
    Well I guess the those threads answer the questions,

Quote Originally Posted by Laser View Post
    Well I guess the those threads answer the questions,
    Yep.
    Having several months remaining on my paid subscription, I guess that I am just SOL and wasted my money. Oh well!

The recent situation with the Kodi repos and addons underscores the importance of using a VPN. All of the trouble started when Dish Network announced that they were going after content thieves and those that conspire with them. It appears that many individuals involved with content addons and repos are "running for the hills". Given the fact that DTV is now owned by AT&T (a MUCH larger and more aggressive company with HUGE legal and security departments), everyone should expect that they will soon do the same. BEV and Sky will surely follow suit (as will other content providers such as Amazon and Netflix). Where does everyone here think that the IPTV streams are coming from? Pirate IPTV providers should be (and likely ARE) VERY concerned. One can expect that they will also go after end users, DTV has successfully done this before.
    While IPTV is still available, I'm hoping that iptv66/NFPS/Rocket will reconsider their position and remove VPN blocking for the sake of their customer's safety and security.

Fire From Within

wag123, my comment was not nonsense. All a VPN is a "protected" tunnel between you and your destination. It doesn't mean that your connection is guaranteed, as it still has to go through certain points in the internet, and that's where your traffic may be blocked. Also, it may be that the server operators are blocking certain IPs but not necessarily VPNs, because they think it may be hostile.

I do agree that VPNs do help in security, but nothing is guaranteed. You might try using a different VPN provider on a trial basis to test your hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    wag123, my comment was not nonsense. All a VPN is a "protected" tunnel between you and your destination. It doesn't mean that your connection is guaranteed, as it still has to go through certain points in the internet, and that's where your traffic may be blocked. Also, it may be that the server operators are blocking certain IPs but not necessarily VPNs, because they think it may be hostile.

I do agree that VPNs do help in security, but nothing is guaranteed. You might try using a different VPN provider on a trial basis to test your hypothesis.
    Dara, I have tried many IPV VPN servers, here and in other countries, and they are ALL being blocked, so, I guess iptv66 considers ALL of IPV's server IP addresses to be hostile? I can't check all of their servers because I have to do a reset for every try and we are limited as to how many resets a day that we can do.
    It is not my ISP or "certain points in the Internet" that are causing the problem because I can still use the service if disable my VPN. I can connect with anyone I want when my VPN is connected, just not iptv66, and up till a few weeks ago I wasn't having any problem connecting to iptv66 either. What iptv66/NPFS/Rocket is doing is the same thing that Netflix and Hulu are doing, specifically blocking VPN connections, but Netflix and Hulu are doing it to stop people from getting around geo boundries. I haven't heard anyone offer a reasonable explanation as to why iptv66/NFPS/Rocket is doing it.
    I should also point out that I am not the only one that is having this problem. I have heard from others that Express, PIA, HMA, and BTG are also being blocked. The blocking of VPN connections by iptv66/NFPS/Rocket is NOT a hypothesis, it is a FACT. If anyone is using a VPN that is NOT being blocked, I would like to know which VPN service they are using (please PM me).
    I said it before and I'll say it again, anyone NOT using a VPN to view (or download) copy-written content over the Internet without paying for it is taking a huge risk, especially now (and going forward). The content providers are becoming very aggressive about protecting their content, as well they should, it is their right and responsibility to pursue anyone stealing their content. Now that some of the big commercial players are selling legal IPTV streaming services, they will get even MORE aggressive about pursuing pirated content and eliminating pirate IPTV services. Seeing what has happened over the past week, going after the big fish first is what one would expect the content providers to do, after that, they will start going after the "little guys", and, your ISP is going to help them to get you. Using a good anonymous VPN pretty much guarantees that I won't become a target for legal action because an anonymous VPN prevents any of them from knowing who I am, where I am going, where I have been, what I am doing, and what digital content is actually coming into and out-of my home. IMO using a VPN is an absolute must if you want to use Kodi video addons, a pirate IPTV service, or to download torrents.

Fire From Within

I'm not sure if its actually in place and working, but the donation checkers do have new settings for IP lock and country. It may be that the servers can't determine if your IP is valid.

Feel free to send the server guys an e-mail, they might have a better answer for you. Their e-mail is [email protected].

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast