Register
    Junoir Member

Sound fades or drops!! I am so sick of Mag box

My sound keeps fading or dropping every 3 seconds on all channels and videos? Anyone have this issue?

Any better alternative to Mag 254. So many issues this year with freezing. I think the new update has killed it.

Pinball Wizard
    Read on the forum there are various reviews of other IPTV boxes.

Junoir Member

Sound fading bad on Mag 254

Quote Originally Posted by tdotgurl View Post
    My sound keeps fading or dropping every 3 seconds on all channels and videos? Anyone have this issue?

Any better alternative to Mag 254. So many issues this year with freezing. I think the new update has killed it.
    Yeah I have that same issue recently and tried everything I can think of to try and fix it. Anyone have any ideas?? Same for movies and live TV.

Quote Originally Posted by PJEire View Post
    Yeah I have that same issue recently and tried everything I can think of to try and fix it. Anyone have any ideas?? Same for movies and live TV.
    On your donation you have to lock your internet provider and your country and iptv reset, if you had don that already and have the same problems, then you have to upgrade your iptv box, mag 250, 254 and all about don't have the stored and memory, to rum the services the way should be, I used android box with 2g and 16g with the app progtv, this app come with xtrem code already, and it have lots mare futures you all should tried.

TV Addicted
    I had that problem. What it turned out to be was the sound bar and TV having problems with the HDMI. Power cycling the sound bar forced the HDMI connection to "Handshake" again and sound would return. Had nothing to do with the box in my case.

Junoir Member
    Hi Digitaldan - thanks for that. How did you solve that? I changed the HDMI with no luck but didn't try the TV audio more than a basic look. I don't have sound bar but will try a different TV tonight.

Junoir Member
    so I put the Mag 254 onto another TV and had no sound issues. Looks like its a compatibility issue. have not played around with the sound settings on the original TV, but that's next ... maybe tonight.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by PJEire View Post
    Hi Digitaldan - thanks for that. How did you solve that? I changed the HDMI with no luck but didn't try the TV audio more than a basic look. I don't have sound bar but will try a different TV tonight.
    I haven't really "solved" the problem. I either channel change, (Change channel then after loads change back), Or power the sound bar off then back on. That forces the HDMI connection to do what is called a "Handshake" and re establish a connection for sound. Power cycling the TV would do the same thing. Usually I just channel flip cause that is the remote that is in my hand at the time.
    Last edited by Digitaldan; 06-25-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Junoir Member
    I`m having the same issue with sound fading/dropping, what`s puzzling for me is that i have 3 different subscriptions from 3 different suppliers, 1 plays perfectly, but the other 2 have the sound dropping out, so i don`t think it`s the tv, it`s driving me nuts!!!