Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Question AVOV won't Connect...

Is there an issue with the Servers as Me Friend called and says Her AVOV TVOnline won't connect to the Server... She said it was working about 1/2 Hour ago and when She Turned it OFF to Re-Boot it, it wouldn't Connect... Another thing She noticed was in the Past when the TVOnline wouldn't connect the Kodi Side would still connect but Now it won't either... Is there something She should be doing to get this back Up and Running...?!? Thanks in advance and I will let Her know what is Answered as I told Her to keep trying and sooner or later it should connect... This time of the evening if there is a server situation everybody is probably trying at the same time to get connected...!

Funny how this stuff werks... After posting the ? for Her, I call Her to let Her know and She says, "I was just getting ready to call You to let You know it came back on !"... I told Her "Those People are Quick and Good at what They do...!"

Seems it is doing it again...

Me friend says She was watching a channel for about 5 hrs without any problems, not even a flicker...! She went to watch another channel because She likes a show on it and after a few seconds, by using the guide to change channels, She said it came in, played for about 3 seconds and Froze...! She went back to the channel She had been watching for a long time and it came right back in, switched back again to the show She wanted to see and the screen was black with the revolving light blue dots in it...! She got upset and turned it off hoping a re-boot would do the trick...! When She started it back up again it wouldn't even connect to the server...! I haven't heard anything else from her this evening so I don't know Her situation...!

The above was posted Yesterday and I am moving it here today to update and keep it in the AVOV Section... Not sure which STB She has but I know it is AVOV...!

Went to Her place this Morning and Re-Checked everything...! All Cables where they should be and not loose...! Checked the Router and it is OK, checked the Modem and it is OK, it shows Broadband Connection as UP, shows the Router as Up and Connected, shows Android as Up and Connected and shows PC as Up and Connected all with Ethernet Connection and it still does not Connect to TVOnline...! She has Rocket...! I Re-Checked Her code and password and anything else She needs to Connect and All are just the way She received them for the Setup and it still won't connect...! I went into the MickeyHop and clicked on Filmon and it connects but She has no password for it, just checked to make sure there was a Connection between the AVOV and the Internet and that shows that there is one...! Just tried SimpleIptv and it Connects even Kodi Connects...! No msg of being blocked or banned, it just spins and doesn't Connect...!

It's Black with a White Top that has AVOV on Top and on the Front is shows tvONLINE...!

After doing a IPTV Reset last Evening and waiting til this Am to Start it back up and see what it would do, it is Still Not Connecting...! Inside Her Modem is a Link to the Firewall Settings and Options...! Inside there is a Bunch of Options from Allowing Gaming to Direct TV to http and https and Many More...! It is an ATT Arris...! I disconnected the Router, if the Modem isn't allowing the STB to Connect to the Server the Router isn't needed...! If Any1 is Familiar with that Modem, any Ideas as to what to allow thru the Firewall...?!? TIA...!

TV Addicted
    Take the box to a friends house that is not on the same isp and see if it will connect then. Do not forget to reset the mac before doing this.
    Last edited by Lowteck; 03-09-2018 at 04:15 PM. Reason: fingers too fast

Quote Originally Posted by Lowteck View Post
    Take the box to a friends house that is not on the same isp and see if it will connect then. Do not forget to reset the mac before doing this.
    Thanks for that and here's the Rub... No One else knows what She is doing and We have Already tried it here and Still the Same Results...! Almost Thinking it is left to One of Two Things... the AVOV is Whacky or the Server needs Adjusting...!

While inside Her Modem within the Firewall Exceptions I saw : A whole lot of Games that can be Allowed + AIM Talk, Bit Tornado, Bit Torrent, Buddy Phone, Calista Phone, Citrix Maint, DialPad, Direct TV(3) Versions, DNS Server, FTP, GNUtalk, Hotline Server, HTTP, HTTPS, ICQ 200lb, ICQ Old, IMAP Client, Internet Phone, IP Sec IKE, TPv6 Tunnel(6in4), iTunes, Kali, Limewire, Links LS 2000, MIRC Auth/ Chat/ DCC, Net2Phone, NNTP, pc anywhere, POP-3, PPTP, Sling Box, SMTP, SNMP, Team Speak, Telnet, TFTP, Ultima Online, VNC, WIN 2000 Terminal Server and X-Lite...

I added the DNS Server, HTTP and HTTPS to the List to Allow and No Change, it still won't connect...!

Well, DAMN...! I went back and Re-Checked Her set-up one more time and sure enough nothing had changed...! Thought I'd Snoop around a bit while I was there...! 1st thing I did was look into the Settings in the AVOV. When You go to the Server Settings the MAC Addy is shown in the Upper Right-Hand Corner, I compared what was there to what was on Her List = OK 2 Go...! No Connecting and No Msg either...! Left all connected via Ethernet Cables but left out the Router and Wired both the AVOV and PC to the Modem...! Went back to the Home Base, was gonna do another IPTV Reset and saw that everything was still the same so I stopped and left there...! Went into the Modem Settings and Router Settings again, just to double-check and Noticed that the MAC Addy for the Android was totally different from what I had seen while in the AVOV Settings...! After Another Double-Check, Yep, that addy was completely dif...! It Was/Is All Numbers and not 1 Letter...! Went back to Home Base and did a MAC Change to what was listed inside the Modem...! Left Home Base and Shut Off the AVOV, waited about 5 minutes and Turned it Back ON and It Is Connecting with the New MAC Addy...! Some Chnls are OK, some are Freezing and a couple without Audio so I Guess things are back to Normal...!

How or Why the MAC had Changed in the Router from what was in the AVOV, Have No Idea...!

Moral of this is : Check, Re-Check and Double Double Check Settings...! Thanks to All who Answered and Participated with this mess...! Responses are always Appreciated...!

got that right i need to switch to other boxes getting to much freeze and lost channel still luv the box for kodi best yea use kodi tv online sucks for me

TV Addicted
    I have noticed the AVOV's changing mac address. Really caused a problem until I caught the change of mac.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast