Register

Is there an EPG for Perfect Player

Hi, I just have a few questions if anyone know

I've been using m3u with perfect player for the last 24hrs which seems to be a much user friendly and faster experience
    than PVR Simple Client in Kodi but i'm unable to find a way to add any EPG's or Picons. Is there any way of doing this?

If anyone uses Perfect Player is there a way to group Channels in folders or organised it in a way that the channels you mainly watch you have easy access to ?

I'm using perfect Player on a firestick.

Can m3u work with dreambox ?

Thanks

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    pretty sure them older Dreamboxes can play m3u files, yes. But you'd have to research thru google searches as there is no info on site here concerning that. Except the enigma playlist format is available, which is prolly what the dreambox would want.

You can edit and arrange an M3U Playlist thru notepad or notepad++ before loading it onto your Perfect Player.
    Look at the VLC sticky thread for info on that. VLC media Player is a Player and a basic Editor, as well as your notepad program.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by SONY007 View Post
    Hi, I just have a few questions if anyone know

I've been using m3u with perfect player for the last 24hrs which seems to be a much user friendly and faster experience
    than PVR Simple Client in Kodi but i'm unable to find a way to add any EPG's or Picons. Is there any way of doing this?

If anyone uses Perfect Player is there a way to group Channels in folders or organised it in a way that the channels you mainly watch you have easy access to ?

I'm using perfect Player on a firestick.

Can m3u work with dreambox ?

Thanks
    Perfect Player can be a good way to watch and it can be configured to use logos and epgs. There are videos showing how to do it both on youtube and the Perfect Player website. You can download the logos online. I downloaded a whole bunch years back. If I remember correctly, there is a guy on youtube called supa chargedios that had a whole pack of em you could download.

As far as epg goes, you can use any that you like (such as the 3 from the epg forum here) but you will have to manually link many of the channels with the logos and epg listings as using the auto function likely will only work for a handful of the channels. It's time consuming but you only have to do it once. It all depends on how much time you are willing to devote to do it all. Personally, I gave up after about an hour. If you don't have too many channels it might not be too bad to do. I have 209 in my playlist, just to give you an idea. YMMV

Ah okay, thanks for the feedback. I've got the dreambox 800se so will see what info I can find to see if it is possible.

209 in your playlist, I think I have about the same which are UK/US which I've saved to favourites and a further 2000+ from across the globe so i'll try to edit the playlist on notepad and keep what I need. I think i'll forget about the picons as thats not a major thing for me but I have just tried to add http://epg.euyulio.org to see if that would load the epg but no joy, it did say epg was loaded but there was no info unfortunately.

Will check out your suggestions.

Tried about 4-5 different epg links from youtube as well but none of them load any info for me.

TV Addicted
    You can get Perfect Player set up perfectly with some minor mods. Download the playlist provided and using a text editor, alter the channel names to match the names used in the the open epg sources from yahyabell and euyulio and save this file locally. Point PP to the local custom playlist file and all US & UK channels that are able to populate guide info in other apps such as Couch Potato will populate in PP with icons too. I would be happy to share/post a template of the modified playlist file with the corrected channel names if a mod permits it. All you would need to do is add your personal info to authorize.

How do download the playlist to edit this? I just added the m3u link in perfect player which created the playlist. I am running Perfect Player on the Amazon firestick not a laptop by the way just in case.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    edit a Playlist is explained thru the link below
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-m3u-Playlists

yes 85146 you can share your edited work (minus the personal info)
    Thnx 85146

Juan_Vale had done something similar and can find his work in the Sticky threads
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...lient-with-EPG
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Thanks for that crazed

Junoir Member
    Which EPG URL are you using ? The one I put on from a Google search didn't have the new sly sport channel format (UK) changes since the summer