Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Junoir Member

mac address for fire tv

I found the mac address for my fire tv. I noticed there are 2, Wi-FI & Wired. Since I use the Wi-Fi option, is this the one I enter into the rocket site as my MAC?

Yep, they want the mac address that will be connecting to them. So since you use wireless you give them the wireless mac.

unbanned christmas
    And don't worry if you are going to use a different MAC in the future since always you can go back and change it to a different MAC.

you are talking about using a stalker emulator right

unbanned christmas
    Devices and not addons. at this point I know you can use a different device as long as you can change the MAC but as far as for the addons or the kodi thing I can't say anything.

Well, it really depends on what the server does what will or will not work. If your stalker emulator is setup the way I would set it up, the first three sets in the mac would be mag and the last 3 would be from your device.

If the server is setup to allow it- your device mag itself in full will work. If not, then the first 6 digits will need to be from a mag.

For instance, I put a thread on how to find your mac address somewhere.

00:1a:79:xx:xx:xx is a mag mac. So if your wireless mac is
    01:02:03:0a:0b:0c then you would use

00:1a:79:0a:0b:0c.

That would be the first 3 sets from a mag and the last three from your device. If your emulator is setup this way, then the mac you added to the emulator is what the server feels is connecting to them. It's not completely clear (to me at least) what the server will be allowing or restricting. But for now they would like the mac that is connecting to them. Will make it less traumatic when the server goes private for those with their info already entered- they most likely won't even notice the change.
    Last edited by BIO; 05-11-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for your help and the info.

Junoir Member
    I use my desktop to browse the internet and the Mac address on my desktop is Not the same as the fire TV Box that is connected (wired) Desktop is wired from the Wireless modem. The amazon tv box is connected in another room and I am using a 50 ft Ethernet cable going to one of the ports in the wireless router just like my desktop. I noticed a post about Donating. If I donate on my desktop computer, How would the system recognize the Mac on the Fire Tv for iptv since the Amazon Tv box macs address is not the same.

If you do not have a donation when we go live, you will no longer be able to access the service..very simple to understand. The mac addy used is the one for the device giving you the service. It is not totally clear right now whether or not stalker clients or stb emu's will be able to use the service when we go live, thks..

carefully read post #6, thks..
    Last edited by K00lKatT; 05-14-2015 at 07:03 AM.
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Delete. ^^
    Last edited by greenhippo; 05-14-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast