Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pinball Wizard

Conor McGregor Signs Floyd Mayweather Contract

Conor McGregor Signs Floyd Mayweather Contract, Awaits Response in 'Coming Days

Conor McGregor has confirmed he has signed a contract to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. and is waiting for the boxer to sign "in the coming days."

Per John Balfe, The Notorious said in a statement, "It is an honour to sign this record-breaking deal alongside my partners Zuffa LLC, The Ultimate Fighting Championship and Paradigm Sports Management."

He continued: "The first and most important part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on. Congratulations to all parties involved. We now await Al Haymon and his boxer's signature in the coming days."

A lucrative showdown between the pair in the boxing ring has long been discussed despite Money's retirement in 2015, with both McGregor and Mayweather fuelling the rumours in the press.

Per the Observer , the American announced to FightHype in March he would come out of retirement to face the Irishman and urged him to "sign the paper.

On Wednesday, UFC President Dana White said he had successfully negotiated a deal with McGregor and that his attentions would now switch to Mayweather and his team

Assuming a deal can be struck with Mayweather, the fight is widely anticipated to generate enormous sums for both fighters.

Per Balfe, McGregor's headline fight with Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 in November drew in around 1.3 million pay-per-views and a record $17.7 million live gate at Madison Square Garden, more than any boxing event in 2016.

Last month, White estimated on The Herd with Colin Cowherd that Mayweather could earn over $100 million for the fight, while McGregor could receive around three-quarters of that to ease the blow of what will likely be a win for his opponent.

Mayweather is 40 and has been retired for some time, but his impeccable boxing skills allowed him to go 49 fights unbeaten, while many of McGregor's impressive skills in MMA will be irrelevant in the matchup.

Nevertheless, it will make for an intriguing contest between two of the biggest icons in combat sports.

McGregor's deal has been struck with the UFC, so the ball is now in Mayweather's court.

Fire From Within

McGregor will have EVERLAST tatooed on his forehead after 2 rounds. In a no-hold barred fight, I would go with the MMA fighter, but the talent disparity for boxing skills is huge. I personally don't like Floyd, but he'll beat Conor countering going backwards for 10 rounds if he has to.

Pinball Wizard
    Well it was bound to happen, how many boxers have tried MMA and got literately destroyed. So i guess is now boxing's turn

Fire From Within

If you are muay thai, I think the transition is very possible. Most pure boxers don't have thick legs, as that is a detriment to movement, but that's a plus in MMA. Even if Conor is a 'striker' by style, it isn't as disciplined as you want in boxing. I can't see McGregor in a defensive boxing stance, and if he does, he's not quick enough to stop the jab attack from Mayweather.

Agreed... And if Mayweather just wants an easy win, he can play sly defense, eluding McGregor for 12 rounds. McGregor would most likely wear himself out trying to chase down Mayweather.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Fire From Within

Mayweather signs... Fight set for August 26.

Pinball Wizard
    Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor made their boxing match official on Wednesday, announcing they finalized an agreement on their superfight for Aug. 26 in Las Vegas.
    Of course, being in Sin City, the immediate question becomes what are the odds that McGregor, the UFC lightweight champion, can beat the best boxer of all time in a match? Despite his knockout power, McGregor is a sizable underdog against the undefeated Mayweather, according to International bookmaker 5Dimes.
    McGregor is currently +700 to win, while Mayweather is going off as a prohibitive favorite -1100.
    It shouldn't come as much of a surprise, but if that number gets any higher, McGregor is going to provide amazing value for anybody looking to take a flier on the Irishman.
    While he is a well-rounded fighter, McGregor primarily fights in UFC as a stand-up boxer. Of his 21 wins in MMA, 18 have come by knockout. Still, this will be McGregor's first boxing match as an amateur or professional.

Bout time. I think Conor is gonna regret this...
    I gather darkness to please me...

Pinball Wizard
    12 rounds, I saw Mcgregor gas out in with Nate diaz under 5 MMA rounds. I would be surprised if it last 12 unless it becomes a dance fest.

I hope it happens i get to downllnk. it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast