Thread: Fargo

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Fargo

Tv Series
    2014, 2015 and 2017
    *Seems to have missed 2016

I been watching this recently and is quite good.
    It has some big names in it.
    Colin Hanks
    Billy Bob Thornton
    Kirsten Dunst
    Ewan McGregor
    Ted Danson
    Oliver Platt

Ethan Coen ... executive producer (30 episodes, 2014-2017)
    Joel Coen ... executive producer (30 episodes, 2014-2017)

The movie which the series is based on, was a Coen brothers work as well.
    Directors: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
    Writers: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen

The story line is supposed to be based on true events (more so then the movie, maybe).
    There are similarities to the movie, but the series takes us on a more in-depth portrayal of the characters (with some differences between the movie and the series).

This is a series worth watching

I had to add to this ...
    I see that this is a look at different crimes in the Minnesota and North Dakota States. Each season takes us thru a different crime that had happened in the past, and that full season is the story of that crime or set of crimes.

I see how the movie was really a gathering of certain events from different crimes (over the years) and put together to make the story line of the movie.
    Kinda cool the way that was all done.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-22-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Pinball Wizard
    I watched the first season and this Season with Mary Elizabeth Winstead I started to watch the second season but i didn't like it. Did I mention Mary Elizabeth Winstead is in this season.

Fire From Within

Oh, the second season is amazing to me. Kirsten Dunst is one of best sociopath ever on TV.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I made it thru season one ... Is a crazy show for sure.
    Can't wait to see Kristen as a psychopath and Mary Elizabeth Winstead will be looking for too

I also see Patrick Wilson starts in Season 2 as well... I like this guy too. He played the Limo Driver in the flic titled Stretch... along with some other good roles.
    Almost a character type actor, but can break out of that easy enough too.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa