Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Having a hard time watching VOD movies/tv shows, seems to freeze a lot

I have 2 254 boxes, each with different servers and 30Mbps internet.
    I can watch live TV fine although occasionally it does freeze as well which I fix by changing the channel back and forth.

All weekend I was having freezing issues watching Video on demand eng movies and tv shows. I restarted the routers and boxes.
    I also updated to R18 on both boxes.

In fact the freezing has been happening for a long time, I guess i'm just getting more frustrated with the box.

My question is do you think the box is the issue or the internet or the servers?

switch to portal 2 if you still on p 1 This will fix the freezing

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hamdi7939 View Post
    switch to portal 2 if you still on p 1 This will fix the freezing
    Sorry for the confusion.
    I have 2 boxes and each box is connecting to a different server, so only 1 portal on each box is used but both are freezing when watching VOD's.
    and in fact I have an older mag 250 box also having the same problems watching VOD's.

The servers are decent well known ones as well so i'm starting to think maybe these mag 254 boxes are not powerful enough.

I am wondering if I upgrade the box to either buzztv or dreamlink, will I still experience the same issues with Vod's?

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fickit View Post
    Sorry for the confusion.
    I have 2 boxes and each box is connecting to a different server, so only 1 portal on each box is used but both are freezing when watching VOD's.
    and in fact I have an older mag 250 box also having the same problems watching VOD's.

The servers are decent well known ones as well so i'm starting to think maybe these mag 254 boxes are not powerful enough.

I am wondering if I upgrade the box to either buzztv or dreamlink, will I still experience the same issues with Vod's?
    I have a buzz tv and vod seems like that. i am thinking it is more of a server issue. but not really sure. i watched one movie which worked totally fine without any interruptions. after that, i played another movie which froze after 15 minutes, and then i tried another movie which also froze around 10-15 minutes.

Junoir Member
    so just got a quick question I log into Papiao change port the only thing that changes is the server it says 2.rocketserver.tv but above it still says p1.iptvrocket.tv dose that mean I have successfully changed portals and if so I still get allot of freezing do i have to do anything else any help would be appreciated

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by htkothari View Post
    I have a buzz tv and vod seems like that. i am thinking it is more of a server issue. but not really sure. i watched one movie which worked totally fine without any interruptions. after that, i played another movie which froze after 15 minutes, and then i tried another movie which also froze around 10-15 minutes.
    Well theres goes my justification for upgrading these boxes..lol
    I may have to just keep trying out other servers until I find one that does both Live TV and VOD's properly.

fickit i would install r14 back in both boxes. I think there is problems with the r18 firmware. This should stop the freezing.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysmith View Post
    fickit i would install r14 back in both boxes. I think there is problems with the r18 firmware. This should stop the freezing.
    Thanks for the suggestion I went back to R17 yesterday but i'll go further back to r14 and see how things go.

Will update after I test for a couple days on R14.

Junoir Member
    Does anyone know where I can find a copy of r14?
    I don't know whats wrong with my box but after reinstalling R17 from the web, it isn't allowing me to install r14 or r18.
    When it tries to update, it seems to hang and do nothing, i've left it alone for an hour just in case it was doing it in the background but it seems like the update program fails.
    I'm going to try installing from USB instead.

TV Addicted
    It's freezing so bad no matter what. These guys need to get on the ball. Starting to shop around. Sorry guys. I appreciate what is being done, but it aint happening... Have to vent...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast