Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banking up channel list?

I constant have to rearrange the channel list through the live tv settings page under Kodi settings. I'd there a way to save the configurable file for the channel offset so that if I have to default it I can load up the channel list.

I am using libreelec 8.0 and using stalker​ client.

If anybody can signpost me to where the channel information is saved I would be grateful.

Many thanks
    HARDWARE: Intel Braswell NUC 5CPYH HTPC

KODI: 17.4

SOFTWARE: Stalker Client (Built-in)

Quote Originally Posted by mwake View Post
    I constant have to rearrange the channel list through the live tv settings page under Kodi settings. I'd there a way to save the configurable file for the channel offset so that if I have to default it I can load up the channel list.

I am using libreelec 8.0 and using stalker​ client.

If anybody can signpost me to where the channel information is saved I would be grateful.

Many thanks
    You can download the M3U list and arrange the channels how ever you like. Use PVR Simple client so you can get EPG.
    It may take a bit of work to get it all set up but it is well worth it.

Sorry I should have mentioned that I am using stalker client....can I still use that technique?

Channel information is in the TV29.db file
    it is in the userdata/database directory
    /kens

Thanks Ken, however I tried to use note pad to edit this tv29.db file but it is very complicated and garbled for even my gebersl intermediate knowledge of computers. I'd there a tool or tips for editing this beast of a file so I can reorder channels? Thanks again

Thanks Ken, however I tried to use note pad to edit this tv29.db file but it is very complicated and garbled for even my gebersl intermediate knowledge of computers. I'd there a tool or tips for editing this beast of a file so I can reorder channels? Thanks again
    Two separate things have been suggested in this thread. To edit the TV29.db file you would need an sql editor. If you download an m3u (playlist) then you can edit it in virtually any text editor.

Even if you save changes to the database file, it might not always go back the way you had it all edited to your liking. Therefore, the m3u is a fail-safe way to only have to do the editing once. Even if you reset the database in Kodi in the future, you will always have the order you have saved in your m3u.

To get the m3u you have to null your mac at papiao and then download the playlist from there.

Quote Originally Posted by expatter View Post
    Two separate things have been suggested in this thread. To edit the TV29.db file you would need an sql editor. If you download an m3u (playlist) then you can edit it in virtually any text editor.

Even if you save changes to the database file, it might not always go back the way you had it all edited to your liking. Therefore, the m3u is a fail-safe way to only have to do the editing once. Even if you reset the database in Kodi in the future, you will always have the order you have saved in your m3u.

To get the m3u you have to null your mac at papiao and then download the playlist from there.
    Ok I just went into the 'settings page' through the search route thing... And have seen that the is a message saying

"Sorry but playlist option is not available for those using MAC Address authentication."

So I'm guessing I can't download the m3u list from here.... Is that a dead end for that technique?

Guess I have to edit the tv29.db file with SQL editor...

Ok I just went into the 'settings page' through the search route thing... And have seen that the is a message saying

"Sorry but playlist option is not available for those using MAC Address authentication."

So I'm guessing I can't download the m3u list from here.... Is that a dead end for that te

Guess I have to edit the tv29.db file with SQL editor...
    If your going to use a channel list then you don't link your mac to the Route .............at the route page ..go to change mac address....make it blank........once you do this the m3u channel list will be available

Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    If your going to use a channel list then you don't link your mac to the Route .............at the route page ..go to change mac address....make it blank........once you do this the m3u channel list will be available
    Many thanks ok I will try that later,

however might sound like a silly question but Im guessing I will have to relink the MAC address after I've downloaded the M3u channel list it to get my TV service going again?
    HARDWARE: Intel Braswell NUC 5CPYH HTPC

KODI: 17.4

SOFTWARE: Stalker Client (Built-in)

Many thanks ok I will try that later,

however might sound like a silly question but Im guessing I will have to relink the MAC address after I've downloaded the M3u channel list it to get my TV service going again?
    Wrong. If you want to use the playlist, you must not have any MAC linked. If you relink to a MAC then the playlist will not work.

It's one or the other and any time you make a change...do an IPTV reset.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast