Junoir Member

Factory Reset???

I have a MAG254 box that constantly freezes, I can see the guide but the channels do not come up until hard reboot.

Trying to do factory reset but when I go back in to configure I still see the name of the portal but everything else looks reset. Are there any other factory default options for a MAG254 besides holding the menu button in while the device is plugged in? I do not think the regular instructions reset all of the settings on my box.

Also the portal seems to keep it's settings such as favorites, can that be "reset" also?

***Thanks a bunch guys, loving the service on my other TV that is working perfectly. Just thought i'd share a little discovery I made recently, just bought a Samsung TV with a technology they have called "Clear Motion Rate" and it does wonders making the feeds here look amazing. I feel like i'm watching 4K cable TV!! Keep up the good work guys!

Banned
    try to set everything to defautl setting here a quick tutorial

1. Open Bios on the Mag254 by removing the power from the Mag box. Then while holdingdown the Menu Key on the Remote Control plug the power back in. You will then see thisscreen on your TV Set
    2. Now scroll down to Def. Settings ( Default Settings ) and select by using the right arrow Key
    3. Now Press OK
    4. You will most likely see the screen below with “Wrong Image” However just continue to press OK

then try to Factory Reset

5. Now in theory this will have reset your box to its Default Settings and allow you to configure aportal URL. However depending on the settings on the box you may have to repeat this procedureusing different Boot Modes ( Nand , Nand2, and DHCP )and restarting.So now on the Bios Screen , choose Boot Mode and change to a different option
    Then Proceed to reset to Default Settings as in steps 2 to 5 . Once you have repeated this for all 3boot modes. Make sure Boot Mode is set to Nand and the choose Exit and Save

6.Then Click OK when requested to save Changes. Box will now Reboot.

7.When the box re starts. The screen that appear should be The Inner Portal. If you do not seethat screen then the box has not reset and will need to repeat the procedure above. Assetups on boxes can be different before reset you may need to change how you do the reset. Forexample reset to Def Settings on Nand then Exit and Save then reset on Nand 2 ( change back toNand ) then exit and save and maybe the same for DHCP.

hope that help my friend