Junoir Member

MAG 254 Help Required

Hi All,

First off, apologies for bringing up an issue that has been bought up before. I have spent the majority of the past week reading previous threads for a solution but am still in the dark.

Ever since the portal was out of action last weekend, I have not been able to load the portal. When I reboot the device, I mostly get a black screen, however sometimes I am shown the yellow loading bar on the blue background, this gets to around 55% and then stops. I have left it at this stage overnight and still it will not load. I have rebooted my rooter and mag countless times and have deleted and re-entered the portal dozens of times too.

I have gone back through the original set up word for word, have even reset the mag to default through the bios. Nothing I have done thus far has worked. Clearly I am missing something!

What I am looking for, is for an idiots step by step guide to how to start from fresh. I.e. what to I need to do to reset the mag to default, which settings do I change in the bios menu, once loaded, which settings do I change through the settings menu, what should my network settings show, etc etc. I reiterate that to the best of my knowledge I have been through all of the previous solutions to all of the above and I am still not getting anywhere. I have even gone as far as to try 3 different variets of hdmi cable!

I appreciate any help on this, and hopefully by getting a very simple step by step guide as to how to restart all over again, this might help anybody else with issues they can't resolve.

Thanks,

SPJ

first thing I would do is link your mac to your donation, then boot up in BIOS menu and update, then do the set up found in the stickys, thks..
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

hi,just keep trying. I entered the address in portal 1&2, and after 3 or4 tries it will log on.

Junoir Member
    I was able to get the outter portal to load to 50% too. Hit the Setup button to go back into the inner portal and Restart Portal. Keep doing that until it finally loads. Restarting the portal several times finally got mine working. Credit to others on here for giving me that tip.
    Last edited by tripledigits; 05-09-2015 at 04:46 PM.

have you ever did up date to your box

Junoir Member
    You have to be persistent with going back to settings then reloading the portal,it will take anything from 4-10 resets before the yellow bar reaches the end.

Keep trying. you may get lucky.
    Running 150mb cable broadband & mag254 :cool: