Thread: T1 Plus Remote

Junoir Member

T1 Plus Remote

Hey everyone I'm Paul, a newbie on the forum.

I'm currently in the process of moving home and want make a switch from Sky to IPTV. After some research I have decided to go for a T1+ because of its nice epg and PVR abilities coming in the future. I want to completely hide the T1+Box behind my TV as it's mounted on a wall. I want to be able to control the T1+ with it hidden out of view. My question is regarding the remote. Firstly what type of remote is it? IR / Bluetooth. Will I be able to control the box if its hidden behind the TV? I have seen IR extenders on Amazon would they work in this situation?
    HTML Code:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELEGIANT-Infrared-Receiver-Extender-Repeater/dp/B017XOU6RM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1493377247&sr=8-2&keywords=ir+extender
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    Last edited by theone; 04-28-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Fire From Within

It is a IR remote, and you'll need to have an IR blaster if you connect that way. There is no port for a remote IR. The T1 Plus is supposed to be Bluetooth capable. If you want a wireless method, I use a wireless mouse remote with keyboard that uses a small USB dongle, and there are wireless keyboards out there that are useful for android boxes of many sizes. They are very inexpensive. My only negative (and that's only because I haven't figured it out) is that I can't toggle power for the T1 Plus using my air mouse. There might be a learning function that I just don't know about.

The T1+ is bluetooth capable but you will have to supply your own bluetooth module
    I gather darkness to please me...

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    It is a IR remote, and you'll need to have an IR blaster if you connect that way. There is no port for a remote IR. The T1 Plus is supposed to be Bluetooth capable. If you want a wireless method, I use a wireless mouse remote with keyboard that uses a small USB dongle, and there are wireless keyboards out there that are useful for android boxes of many sizes. They are very inexpensive. My only negative (and that's only because I haven't figured it out) is that I can't toggle power for the T1 Plus using my air mouse. There might be a learning function that I just don't know about.
    Will the IR extender i linked work as an IR blaster ? thanks for the reply.