Thread: Epg?

Junoir Member

Epg?

I'm fairly new to IPTV, but been around sats for years. Is there currently a way to get a good EPG on the aVOV Tvonline+? Or do i need to download KODI and go that route?

You Mag owners is that box easier to setup than the aVoV? Just curious as this one is a little flaky at times by jumping back to the home screen at unexpected times. It had a very unusable remote when I originally purchased it, but a new one from eBay fixed that.

Thank you!

TV Addicted
    The AVOV box does not have an EPG, at least one like you are used to on a satellite receiver. The "Live TV" section is the AVOV's native TV Online app that's built into the TV Online +. It has a bare bones basic EPG of delivering what's on now and maybe what's next on each channel and you have to scroll channel by channel to see it. Most channels will not have any EPG info, and the ones that do the times listed are usually off. Now this could be an issue with the EPG feed or the box itself; that I don't know. But if you are looking for a grided guide this box does not have it.

If you install Kodi (which you should anyway as it will open up a whole new world for you, it sounds like you haven't) you can install IPTV addons such as Couch Potato's app which is aptly called "Couch Potato", and in conjunction with the native Kodi Simple IPTV app, you can get a pretty good grided guide which is more like the guides you are used to on the satellite receivers. This is the rout I have taken and pretty much abandoned the "Live TV" section of the TV Online +. For more info on Couch Potato, just do a search in the forum.

Junoir Member
    Thank you! Just the info I was needing.

I figured KODI was really the way to go.