Streaming dreamlink contents to PC

Wondering if there's any way to stream IPTV videos to PC via dreamlink. Used to be Slingbox that allowed things like this, but since they're almost gone out of business, I'm looking for a new and more sophisticated way.
    Since these boxes are essentially android boxes, I'm wondering if there's anyway of doing this?

Fire From Within

Why not just use Kodi or what ever app on your PC? Think about this... you are taking streaming video from your LAN from the internet source, then sending it back to a PC via the same LAN to the PC, which is probably also set up to the internet through the same router/modem. You would have all the control at the PC.

You can use Miracast to display wireless between devices, such as from a phone or tablet or the T1 to another enabled device, like a dongled TV, but all it really is like a wireless HDMI cable.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    Why not just use Kodi or what ever app on your PC? Think about this... you are taking streaming video from your LAN from the internet source, then sending it back to a PC via the same LAN to the PC, which is probably also set up to the internet through the same router/modem. You would have all the control at the PC.

You can use Miracast to display wireless between devices, such as from a phone or tablet or the T1 to another enabled device, like a dongled TV, but all it really is like a wireless HDMI cable.
    I do use Kodi, but timeshift has been really edgy, whereas timeshift on dreamlink has been great. I wanna use screencast software to record these shows...