Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

EPG for Android Perfect Player

I am startiing a new thread to branch off of the discussion happening here http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-upgrade/page4 in an attempt to get more input on the topic with a thread subject that is more specific to the issue being discussed. Mods - if this is inappropriate please advise.

Here is the latest post from the current thread to help generate knowledge on the issue and looking for input for moving this forward:

Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    I have a suspicion the problem with epg on PP has more to do with the naming conventions between the two databases. My understanding is that the channel names have to be EXACT between the two databases otherwise the info from the epg source will not transpose over to the app. I haven't had time to dig into the data to compare the listings between the playlist and the epg sources but if anyone else is able to comment that would be helpful.

UPDATE
    I have had a chance to compare the data between the "generic m3u with options" playlist and the euyulio epg. Here is what I have found:

As an example, the Cooking Channel HD populates epg data:

From m3u file:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="30156" tvg-name="Cooking Channel HD" tvg-logo="http://content.iptvrocket.tv:88/stalker_portal/misc/logos/240/3263.png" group-title="Culture",Cooking Channel HD

From EPG source:

<channel id="I232.68065.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>232 Cooking Channel HD</display-name>
    <display-name>232</display-name>
    <display-name>Cooking Channel HD</display-name>
    <icon height="270" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s68065_h3_aa.png" width="360" />

The lines I have highlighted red are identical

HGTV doesn't populate the epg:

From the m3u file:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="14902" tvg-name="HGTV East HD" tvg-logo="http://content.iptvrocket.tv:88/stalker_portal/misc/logos/240/2507.png" group-title="Entertainments",HGTV East HD

This is how the EPG source reads:

channel id="I229.49788.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>229 HGTV East HD</display-name>
    <display-name>229</display-name>
    <display-name>HGTV East HD</display-name>
    <display-name>Home &amp; Garden Television HD</display-name>
    <icon height="270" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s49788_h3_aa.png" width="360" />

Note the highlighted red text doesn't match. The epg source spells out the words "Home & Garden Television" Rather than the acronym HGTV which the m3u uses in the name.

This is consistent with other channels that don't populate epg such as A&E:

from m3u:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="10036" tvg-name="A&E East HD" tvg-logo="http://content.iptvrocket.tv:88/stalker_portal/misc/logos/240/583.png" group-title="Entertainments",A&E East HD

From EPG source:
    <channel id="I265.51529.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>265 A&amp;E East HD</display-name>
    <display-name>265</display-name>
    <display-name>A&amp;E East HD</display-name>
    <display-name>A&amp;E Network HD East</display-name>
    <icon height="270" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s51529_h3_aa.png" width="360" />

The names for A&E aren't a match.

So if this in fact what interferes with the epg to populate, what can be changed to ensure both naming conventions match? Maybe the m3u file can be edited to match the epg convention but I think the more appropriate solution would be for the epg source to edit the name consistent with the m3u playlist provided. Perhaps a Mod can provide input into if this is a correct assumption or am I missing something with how this works?

TV Addicted
    So I made local copies of both epg files; yahyabell and euyulio by copying and pasting the information into Notepad on a Windows PC. The only edit I made was to change the one line for <display-name> to match the naming convention for HGTV as noted in the previous post to use this as a test file. I edited in Notepad and saved it as .xml and encoded as UTF-8. I copied the file to the local storage on my Android box and pointed the EPG file path in Perfect Player to it. Unfortunatly it didn't load any data. I thought I did something wrong so redid it with the same result. I then tried saving the file in ANSI and UNICODE but neither of these files populated any data either. I then reset the EPG url to the euyulio site and it populated guide data. So....obviously Im doing something wrong to make my own xml file to point PP to locally. Any tips would be appreciated.

TV Addicted
    MODS - could I request this thread be moved to the new M3U category? it is probably best placed there and has drawn no response from anyone in this part of the forum thinking it is either not being seen or perhaps because noone else is interested. I prefer to think the former
    Thank you for considering

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    MODS - could I request this thread be moved to the new M3U category? it is probably best placed there and has drawn no response from anyone in this part of the forum thinking it is either not being seen or perhaps because noone else is interested. I prefer to think the former
    Thank you for considering
    done ...
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    I've not used Perfect Player, but I'd image it will work with TV Full Screen
    Code:
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282157
    EPG. To start, you point the Source to an EPG URL (Yahyabell or euyulio) then import your channel source. Launch the EPG. Modify later.

Then you tie the EPG to a Channel, using the context menu. If you are luck the TV Full Screen "may" do this automatically. If not, it's fairly simple. You can either add the channels from PP to favorites or import the Addon.

I have my own internal EPG generator using Webgrab+ and M2CXML for all my devices, W10, Android, works great. You can edit and move the channels around however you like. Plus add categories like Movies, News, Sports, Music etc. It looks complicated at the beginning but it's really just how to customize it that becomes complicated.

cwh

TV Addicted
    Thx cwh...I admit it does sound complicated but not something l'm not willing to learn, I just need to find the time to do this. Since my previous post I have tried to learn more about xml editing and have been using the Microsoft XML Editor tool. I have c&p the other epg providers (euyulio and yahyabell) file as a template and tried editing them to correct the channel names but I havent been able to figure out how to do this properly as I cant get any test files to load in PP. It would seem that if collectively we could make an epg file that works with the playlist provided from this service provider, there would be more uptake of people opting to use this method of viewing as an alternate to using Kodi. I'll let you know if I have time to play with this and what progress I can make.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    done ...
    Thx Crazed!

TV Addicted
    That's why I made my own EPG, I include just the channels I want, plus I call them whatever I want by modifying my EPG XML.

Code:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/ECnCv2hbXFnn
    TV Full Screen can use either the channel logo, or the channel name. I prefer the logo, but that's me.

I don't use Perfect Player, but I may check it out. I use Playlist Loader and import my own M3U lists after I edit out the channels I don't need/watch. I edit these channels with VLC and save the playlist.

I point my devices to an internal www server for playlist content and the XML EPG guide.

Notepad++ is a good program for editing XML files.

The hardest part of creating an EPG is actually finding all the source channels, some are from UK, US, CAN, Italy, Brazil etc.

For my Sony Bravia tv (Android), I use SPMC + Playlist loader + TV Full Screen.
    For my Phone (iPhone) I use GSE IPTV player and my own M3U list.
    For my Windows devices I use Kodi 17.1 + Playlist loader + TV Full Screen
    Last edited by cwh060; 05-05-2017 at 02:04 PM.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by cwh060 View Post
    I've not used Perfect Player, but I'd image it will work with TV Full Screen
    Code:
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282157
    EPG. To start, you point the Source to an EPG URL (Yahyabell or euyulio) then import your channel source. Launch the EPG. Modify later.

Then you tie the EPG to a Channel, using the context menu. If you are luck the TV Full Screen "may" do this automatically. If not, it's fairly simple. You can either add the channels from PP to favorites or import the Addon.

I have my own internal EPG generator using Webgrab+ and M2CXML for all my devices, W10, Android, works great. You can edit and move the channels around however you like. Plus add categories like Movies, News, Sports, Music etc. It looks complicated at the beginning but it's really just how to customize it that becomes complicated.

cwh
    cwh - from just some basic reading it seems this option is for a Kodi environment - is this correct? Perfect Player is an apk so it runs in Android. Perhaps I can use the TV Fullscreen method to create the epg file for use outside of Kodi - is this what you are suggesting?

TV Addicted
    So I finally had some time to play with this again and this time instead of altering the EPG file, I edited my m3u playlist which I downloaded and stored locally. As a test I changed the naming convention for HGTV East HD match the EPG source name which is "Home & Garden Television HD" and then loaded this playlist and whola, the guide info for HGTV loaded. So, this is an easier solution than editing the EPG file. I guess this will allow me to truly customize my channels by limiting them to the ones I want and making sure the naming is correct. it would be helpful though if a mod could look into fixing the master m3u playlist that originates with the service provider to make the naming conventions match the popular EPG sources such as the ones by PACh and Viper that work with Kodi applications.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast