Thread: Host not found

Junoir Member

Thumbs up Host not found

address given was new.selfip.net and its not found since the update

iptv private server is suppose to answer my questions in 24 hours and here I am here asking at hour 30.

stbemu 9.05

Host of what ?

Junoir Member
    What suds4ever is talking about is that new.selfip.net (which is the iptv hostname for many customers) is not accessible on the internet. DNS queries for that hostname currently respond with host not found or NXDOMAIN. I'm not going to try to provide primer on how DNS works, but until that is resolved the host will not be reachable.

As to the time the service has been down, while I agree we are receiving a low cost and generally excellent service, the communication by the service provider to clients using the service could use serious improvement. The large network of resellers and the lack of a single point of contact for sending out information probably accounts for this. But people shouldn't be getting whack-slapped (even if it is gentle) here in this forum for asking why the service is still down long after the announced maintenance window has expired - lets have some accurate information and an estimated time to resolution. We can all deal with what we know - it's the unkown that causes speculation and dissatisfaction.

Junoir Member
    ya having same problems.. hearing rumors that they have been taken down

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by suds4ever View Post
    address given was new.selfip.net and its not found since the update

iptv private server is suppose to answer my questions in 24 hours and here I am here asking at hour 30.
    ****** if your waiting on a different service provider than what is supported here nobody will be able to help you. You need to go to there support site and ask for help.

stbemu 9.05
    That is different iptv provider totally and this site supports only NFPS, Rocket or Iks66. So with that said you don't have a gripe with the supported servers here... You need to go to there site and tell them your not happy 😉

I looked that addy you posted and it goes to a totally different iptv provider.. There are quite a few sites saying that the address you posted does not have anything to do with any servers here and that the addy is affiliated with a service that was busted/ shutdown according to many forums. Unfortunately it looks like your out of luck using "express"
    Last edited by pod77; 04-21-2017 at 05:14 PM.

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by utiac View Post
    What suds4ever is talking about is that new.selfip.net (which is the iptv hostname for many customers) is not accessible on the internet. DNS queries for that hostname currently respond with host not found or NXDOMAIN. I'm not going to try to provide primer on how DNS works, but until that is resolved the host will not be reachable.

As to the time the service has been down, while I agree we are receiving a low cost and generally excellent service, the communication by the service provider to clients using the service could use serious improvement. The large network of resellers and the lack of a single point of contact for sending out information probably accounts for this. But people shouldn't be getting whack-slapped (even if it is gentle) here in this forum for asking why the service is still down long after the announced maintenance window has expired - lets have some accurate information and an estimated time to resolution. We can all deal with what we know - it's the unkown that causes speculation and dissatisfaction.
    Suds4life is using a different iptv provider, are you using the same one as well? The gripe would be with them and has zero to do with this site or the admin that runs the 3 services here. Obviously nobody can answer the question when "express" will be back as we don't support that service here. From what I did read it looks like they were busted and the servers were shut down....