Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Dreamlink T1 Plus - Lets take a Look :)

Purchased a T1 Plus recently ... Let's take a look.

Packaging was great, it came wrapped up very secure for shipping.
    T1 Plus itself is nice and compact but yet not slender as some. The larger depth of the case in my opinion, is always better for a few reasons. It allows for more connections and types of connections, it allows for better heat radiation away from critical parts.

Connected HDMI and Ethernet connection. Connected Power and away we go.

I have read on different websites things about how the interface functionalities can be slow or sluggish with the various android models on the market.
    Upon connecting this T1 Plus model, one of the first things I noticed was the fast interface speeds seen.
    There is Literally no lag between switching between any interface function.

There have been several Cortex A53 processors announced or released on the market, such as Rockchip RK3368, Allwinner A64, or Amlogic S905.
    In many cases we hear about the lack of high speed interface, incomplete code support, or a weak GPU.
    The T1 Plus has the Hisilicon Hi3798C V200 Processor with four Cortex A53 cores, also includes a Mali-720 GPU, supports HDMI 2.0 output up to 4K at 60 HZ, 10-bit HEVC / H.265 and VP9 video decoding at 3840×2160 resolution at 60 fps, and integrates SATA and USB 3.0 interfaces.

The Android OS 4.4.2 KitKat onboard could be improved upon.
    Kodi 16.1 Jarvis FTMC, is available thru the onboard Market.

The RCU (Remote) has the needed functions and more. There is a nice EPG button for when viewing Live TV channels. Video Format and Resolution buttons. Separate Stand By and Power function buttons.
    VOD & Live, Fav, and Group buttons.

Upon initial setup, you will be taken thru the regular setup options, Date, Time, language , WiFi and etc...
    All this can also be accessed later thro the Home screen and thru the Settings tab that is seen just below the Time clock.

In the Settings can be found ..
    Language, WiFi, Ethernet, Display Area (screen fit), Date&Time, parental, System and Android.

First menu I always enter for a new box, is that Systems menu. Here we see the Model Number, Software Version & Revision, Build Date, and is also where we can perform a Factory Reset.

Then is the Android menu, which is always my second menu to browse. And which is basically a rooted version of all the other menus into one. This is a better place to setup things like Wi-Fi or Etherent and even date and Time set-up functionality is better in this menu.
    You can see all your Apps installed thru this Android menu. Alot of other things in here too, such as Internal storage capacity with levels shown and etc..
    It is missing an APPInstaller function thou. But with this being a dedicated box running on its own platform with the aptiod Market onboard is the reasoning behind that, I would think.

That Aptoid Market and the DreamOnline Middleware solution, are great to have on this box.

I have been finding it very very easy to setup and use m3u playlists on this box with multiple methods.
    I have one method posted in this T1 forum and it is very fast and easy. Just this afternoon thou, I found an even faster and easier way too.
    Will get a post about that added to that tutorial.

Things are fairly easily understood with the functions of this box thou that a tutorial is hardly needed

The box did warm up to a point and then stayed at that temperature, which is how it should be.

The Aptoid Market is great and easily navigated. The Aptoid updates thru Captain here at iptvTalk are fantastic !

There is also a DOL app is, which is where all Apps installed will appear.
    But back to the Market screen....
    The apps included are mostly things like Speed Test, Media Players and Player Apps and other maintennace apps. The Uninstaller App is a good one too. That one allows you to do just as it says. It also will show all APps currently onboard, remember that Android menu and its Apps option (same kinda thing here).

Apps like your Ytube and Netflix and facebook are all there.

Then we have many type of Apps for IPTV play and service type Apps.
    This is where the My-TV Online app can be found. That app is a Stalker middleware carrier and is how you can connect to an online server.
    The first thing I did here was install the MX Player, because I knew I may need that later

There is a few games onboard and they are a variety, from Chess to Auto Racing to an ANdroid Pac man type game.

The Home screen is where we can find our favourite Apps that have been installed.
    From factory, it comes with a few and you can add to this list anytime.
    On the Home screen and beside the Home tab is the My Apps tab.

Open that up and you will see an APP called FileManager. Open that and then with a Playlist previously copied onto a USB drive and with that USB inserted into the T1... click on that FileManager. You will see is a menu with your USB tab. Click on that. Then next is the drive and your USB contents, click on that saved Playlist and Shaa Zam... the channels will be open.
    The whole process is very fast from start to watching LiveTV, even faster then reading this.

I have not gone thru all the functions yet.
    There are a couple Sticky threads with some quick tutorials we have posted in this T1 Plus forum area.

I did not mention this yet, but I did initially set this up with Ethernet (hard wired), just to be sure of any lags in my initial testing and etc... I have since set the WiFi up and has not been a difference at all.
    Seems the WiFi is working very good with Kodi apps, Aptoid APps, and with LiveTV and VOD channels.

And yes, i know we would have liked to see a higher version of the Android OS but all in all that really is one of the few flaws with this box.
    The RAM is not as big as we would like to see either, but the box is fast and functions very well.

And ohh, the Video Quality is mucho sweet

View the Sticky threads for more info and Tutorials

thnx for reading

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-25-2017 at 12:37 PM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Purchased one as well and i really like the Kodi Look. Market is ok but could use more addons like Mobdro (My Favorite) lol. Speed is really fast. Love the look and the setup was pretty simple but for some reason i cant seem to change the Display setting. I have a 4k TV but i can only go as high as 1080.

TV Addicted
    Can you post done screenshots of the device so we can see the interface?

I can not Biglo, sorry... I do not have my systems all working correct.
    My old laptop here is running in Safe Mode.
    New Laptop had to visit the repair shop, had a faulty hinge system thing ah ma gig.

There are plenty of ytube videos on this receiver thou, showing all the screen shots.
    - Ren

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    It is missing an APPInstaller function thou. But with this being a dedicated box running on its own platform with the aptiod Market onboard is the reasoning behind that, I would think.
    Just to see what would happen if I used the File Browser and clicked on an .apk package on a thumb drive... It installed! I never tested that on the T1, but the inclusion of the Play market does require an installer of some sort, and the T1 plus box does seem to have the ability to load from unknown sources. Saying that, its a very rare situation where you would need to install an app that isn't readily available on either Google Play or Aptoid, or the local market.

This good news dara. We can take advantange of that FTMC fork now for the older android onboard.
    If I am understanding this correctly.
    - Ren

Fire From Within

FTMC is already available on the local market, it's the first thing I loaded, and then tried the Play market, and installed root checker (no root .) The apk I loaded was SPMC but from a USB drive.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    FTMC is already available on the local market, it's the first thing I loaded, and then tried the Play market, and installed root checker (no root .) The apk I loaded was SPMC but from a USB drive.

ohh,,,, I missed that totally
    - Ren

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    I can not Biglo, sorry... I do not have my systems all working correct.
    My old laptop here is running in Safe Mode.
    New Laptop had to visit the repair shop, had a faulty hinge system thing ah ma gig.

There are plenty of ytube videos on this receiver thou, showing all the screen shots.
    Ok thanks will search again and see if there is anything. So far I have only found video for the dream link t1 (not the plus edition) Unless the interface is still the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Biglo View Post
    Ok thanks will search again and see if there is anything. So far I have only found video for the dream link t1 (not the plus edition) Unless the interface is still the same?
    no, they are not the same. Similar with the functions but otherwise not same.
    I thought I had seen some ytubes on this but do not see any now either.
    - Ren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast