Devices that work well with NETFLIX

I have a Dreamlink T1 ...A Avov Tv-Online Plus .........and Nvidia Shield ........................... Only the Nvidia Shield works well with Netflix ..........What I mean by working well is moving around in netflix can be done with up-down-left-right movement with the remote control ..........Avov and the dreamlink have never been able to do that......The mouse on the remote or a usb mouse plugged in has to be used......makes it very cumbersome ...awkward ................anyone experience a Android box with good iptv ability that works with Netflex without going through all the mechanics .............just seems to me that a lot of the cheaper android boxes are hindered when using many apps ....not just netflix.........I have tried a lot of the market apps in the dreamlink......and so many have the same problem........needing multiple hand held devices just to move around in the menu of the app........................I remember a long time ago I used a Western digital box.....really just good for things like Hulu and Netflix............the interface with these apps was flawless....and that was a long time ago.............

Junoir Member
    What you are looking for is an "Android TV" box - very different than just an "Android Box". Android "TV" is designed for sitting a distance from the screen, and using cursor keys to control movement (as opposed to a touch-screen interface that has been hacked to work with a mouse pointer on-screen).

The nVidia shield is an "android TV" OS that is using the newest Nougat release. If you like that, you will also like the "MiBox 3" which sells at walmart in the US for $69 or you can grab it in Canada for $115 including shipping. If you are not from either Canada or US you can get it from China, since that's where it's made

GREAT little box, very comparable to the shield except not nearly as good at video gaming. If all you care about is video streaming you will hardly notice a difference. I just upgraded my parents from the WD Live TV Plus (that you describe above) to this Mi Box and they love it, can't get enough of it. Even has the same voice-command capable remote control that looks almost identical to the shield's.

This is assuming you like your nVidia shield and enjoy using the STB Emulator app for IPTV. The mi box doesn't do IPTV any better/differently than the shield.
    Last edited by Kimbo; 04-18-2017 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Again no live links specially to box sellers

Thanks............................................ .....

Social Sensei
    Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    I have a Dreamlink T1 ...A Avov Tv-Online Plus .........and Nvidia Shield ........................... Only the Nvidia Shield works well with Netflix ..........What I mean by working well is moving around in netflix can be done with up-down-left-right movement with the remote control ..........Avov and the dreamlink have never been able to do that......The mouse on the remote or a usb mouse plugged in has to be used......makes it very cumbersome ...awkward ................anyone experience a Android box with good iptv ability that works with Netflex without going through all the mechanics .............just seems to me that a lot of the cheaper android boxes are hindered when using many apps ....not just netflix.........I have tried a lot of the market apps in the dreamlink......and so many have the same problem........needing multiple hand held devices just to move around in the menu of the app........................I remember a long time ago I used a Western digital box.....really just good for things like Hulu and Netflix............the interface with these apps was flawless....and that was a long time ago.............
    buzztv xpl2000 works like that

Xhum ...................... Seen a few posts and reviews about the Mibox 3 ...most liked the box for the reason you stated but Netflix seems to have problems......here is one example ..( After firing up the Netflix app, it would stop and give an error message (Netflix Error tvq-pm-100) that it couldn't play the movie. I've been reading up on this problem and it seems to be fairly common to the Mi Box ) .........what about you.....any problems with Netflix........?? need it for the kids so I can control the content for younger kids....

Junoir Member
    I didn't do a lot of testing with Netflix but during the few shows I watched there was never an issue. My parents have been using it since last Friday, I'll find out from them if they've used Netflix much since then and will report back!

Thank You..................................

Pinball Wizard
    somehow i dont think this post should be on the T1 section so i moved it to the Chit chat section. nice post!!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    Thank You..................................
    My parents reported back that they have watched about 10-15 hours of Netflix with no issues at all. I did a google search of that error you posted and it does seem that originally there were a few issues with Netflix but apparently it was fixed with an update last fall.

Well that thread from another forum ......was dated January or 2017