Junoir Member

Use M3U links on dreamlink?

hey
    i just want to know if there is way to run m3u links on dreamlink and get as good result and smooth browsing as we can if we use mac id associated portal urls..?
    reason im asking is im about to buy dreamlink and have some queries before i can get into buying..

all i want is to use http://urlxxx&type=m3u_plus in dreamlink device (perfered in DOL) and get same result as it does with mac id associated.. I DONT want to use on kodi,,,

i want to use in something that when i open my dreamlink box i get the tv playing.. and same kind of epg.. i do have m3u and epg link for the service im using so links wont be the problem..

Also i saw people saying it also uses STB emu, for person you uses stb emulator will he be able to get the same TV feel?

so anyone can please help me out with this would be great.. thanks

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    needs to use apps thru kodi to use the playlists.

STB emu is not for playlists and is actually going backwards if thinking of replacing the DOL with the STB Emulator
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Junoir Member
    stb emu was just to know for my informtion.. ofc its no use to use emu in dreamlink

what i meant with that was if for example emulator is used.. will it give same good experience? like i currently have MXQ box and it crashed stbemu after every some time.. so if its used in DL will it be the same or is it stable in it?

and for m3u question isnt there anyother way to use it? kodi is was buggy app..

if the VLC Player can be installed, then can use that to play m3u playlists.

The dreamlink has middleware like the mag box uses.
    This is what is used to connect to iptv servers and yes, is stable.
    I have never tried or saw anyone who tried the stb emu thru a T1 box, is no use in that.

The DOL for iptv service connection is it's main feature really.
    - Ren

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by texh View Post
    stb emu was just to know for my informtion.. ofc its no use to use emu in dreamlink

what i meant with that was if for example emulator is used.. will it give same good experience? like i currently have MXQ box and it crashed stbemu after every some time.. so if its used in DL will it be the same or is it stable in it?

and for m3u question isnt there anyother way to use it? kodi is was buggy app..
    The DL is 100 times better than the STB emu. It's also easy more stable than the STB emu. I had the STB emu and just got the T1 and the guide and user interface is way better. Ditch the MXQ and go with the T1 if your looking for a seamless experience. It's night and day difference. Checkout YouTube videos of the T1 guide in action and you will see what I'm talking about 👍

That's pretty subjective. I run STBemu on several s905 boxes that have GOOD STABLE firmware (99% simply don't). My experience using it on a stable box has been virtually identical to a MAG. I've tested so many servers and tried my best to abuse it, but it always works. NOW, seeing as most boxes have crappy firmware, you may run into problems. But that's not STBemu fault. That's the box firmware causing problems. I've noticed that on those boxes, many apps have problems/weird issues. I recommend everyone to start with STBemu, and change to a dedicated unit only if they have a bad experience with their crappy firmware Android device, or they love it so much and want a dedicated box. There's a lot of settings/config that can be done to STBemu that greatly enhance it's usability. However, 95% of people expect the default settings to be the best, and then they run into issues and blame the emulator. The emulator is even faster than my MAG256.

Back to the OPs question. To use m3u in the Dreamlink, you need to use either Kodi, or something like IPTVpro, or Perfect player, VLC, etc. You cannot do this from the DOL app.

Cheers
    Last edited by veronicas; 04-17-2017 at 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Just started playing with the T1 plus
    There are a few Player apps in the market.
    So far I have only tried one and that is the Free TV Pro player and it does m3u Playlists
    Very easy to setup.

There are more apps/Players as well in the Market that will play your Playlists, as I am finding out now.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-17-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    - Ren