Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Purchasing the DL T1

I purchased the DL T1 in November and I am having mix reactions to the box after a couple of months of use.

The DOL on the box is perfect EVERYTHING else is a restriction where android is concerned. I gave up my mag 254 and purchased this box mainly because of the Android OS (I thought android was meant to be opened source). If i need a specific app I have to request and wait until it is added which is not too bad. The most annoying part is the update of apps. For example I use TERRARIUM TV a lot because it is simple to use and they update there app very regularly. Now everytime the app is updated by terrarium you have to send in a request to have Dreamlink update the app. The same goes for other apps, this really annoying. Another limitation of this box is that your Google apps can't be use.

If you are looking for Just a IPTV STB this is a great box. If you are looking for a Android Box this box is not so great and have a lot of restrictions where open source is concerned.

I am now thinking I should have keep my Mag 254 and just purchase a Minix box to use for Android. This just my experience and opinion. Others experience may be different.

PS: I guess I never read enough before purchasing this box

Fire From Within

The new T1 Plus will have Google Play, so I'll assume those apps should be able to be easily updated. Going forward I wouldn't recommend picking up the T1 unless it is marked down significantly, but DOL is the best of the STB clients for Stalker, in my opinion. This isn't a T1 Plus review, so I won't get off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by nattyz2004 View Post
    I purchased the DL T1 in November and I am having mix reactions to the box after a couple of months of use.

The DOL on the box is perfect EVERYTHING else is a restriction where android is concerned. I gave up my mag 254 and purchased this box mainly because of the Android OS (I thought android was meant to be opened source). If i need a specific app I have to request and wait until it is added which is not too bad. The most annoying part is the update of apps. For example I use TERRARIUM TV a lot because it is simple to use and they update there app very regularly. Now everytime the app is updated by terrarium you have to send in a request to have Dreamlink update the app. The same goes for other apps, this really annoying. Another limitation of this box is that your Google apps can't be use.

If you are looking for Just a IPTV STB this is a great box. If you are looking for a Android Box this box is not so great and have a lot of restrictions where open source is concerned.

I am now thinking I should have keep my Mag 254 and just purchase a Minix box to use for Android. This just my experience and opinion. Others experience may be different.

PS: I guess I never read enough before purchasing this box
    I totally hear ya. Doesn't matter how much you read lol... The gameplane changed AFTER the promises were made. There was supposed to be a lollipop upgrade, and PlayStore addition, that never happened and has been abandoned in favour of a new box. Sources indicate that there will be a NEWER box come June/July.

I too have gone back to using my MAG and a Beelink m18 (running MINIX u1 firmware ) The box I have, I have dual boot enabled and I run Android on the internal memory, and Libreelec 8 on SD card. I also use a Linux distro on SD when I'm away from home and need access to a computer.

The ODROID C2 might be an amazing choice for you. Its cheaper than other boxes, it can actually be over clocked to 1.75 GHz (all other s905 devices are limited to I think 1.5ghz, even tho they are marketed as 2.0ghz). It has Marshmallow (stable) and lollipop for Android. I really enjoy mine.

Cheers!

TV Addicted
    staff edited content

this dreamlink T1 forum area, not buzztv
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-16-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    Devices Owned: Apple TV 4, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Dreamlink Dlite, Dreamlink T2, Formuler Z7+, AVOV, MAG 254, MAG 256, Mag 322, Buzz XPL 2000, Buzz XPL 3000

staff edited content

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-16-2017 at 11:19 PM.

The more I hear about that box the more curious I become. I really wish that they would add an EPG grid menu like most cable/sattelite, some IPTV apps, and the Dreamlink have.

The Dreamlink does have a super gorgeous and familiar EPG grid which feels very familiar to the cable TV experience. That kind of puts it in its own league in regard to stalker boxes.

The MAG kinda has a similar type of EPG grid, but you can't change the channel through the grid, you gotta go back to the the EPG list or key in the channel number on the remote. It makes it a pretty underwhelming feature to say the least. At least the MAG256 is like this, I'm not sure about the 250 and 254.

Cheers

staff edited content

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-16-2017 at 11:19 PM.

staff edited content

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-16-2017 at 11:23 PM.

TV Addicted
    staff edited content

Devices Owned: Apple TV 4, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Dreamlink Dlite, Dreamlink T2, Formuler Z7+, AVOV, MAG 254, MAG 256, Mag 322, Buzz XPL 2000, Buzz XPL 3000

staff edited content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast