Thread: No av

No av

Got a vixo 2 dropped off to me, guy said that it was working fine until he dropped the remote then no a/v have tried manual reset did not help. Blue light is on steady all buttons on remote will make light flash, when push dv1 and 2 green light comes on accordingly. Do not have another one to compare, if it is starting in boot menu does anybody know which buttons and how many times to push to get to factory reset? anyone seen this problem before?

Should ad when start up screen remains blank, or avov symbol

if the manual reset didn't work i wouldn't think you will be able to do the factory data reset

here are the instructions to do a proper manual factory data reset

Manual Factory Data Reset.
    1) Make sure the box is connected to the TV by HDMI or RCA
    2) Make sure the power is plugged out of the box
    3) Push and hold the reset button with the pin for 10 seconds
    4) Continue to hold it down and plug the power into the box
    5) Hold the reset button for at least another 5 seconds and then let go
    6) Proceed to wait for a bit while the box resets, it should open up again in console mode
    7) Select the factory data reset option
    8) The box will perform a factory data reset and reboot
    9) It should then boot normally and start working. If it boots into the console mode again, make sure to just select perform normal boot up (I believe it is the first option)
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM

Last post should read no avov symbol not (or) dam auto correct. have already tried that procedure several times, since it seems to respond to remote input was thinking that maybe was in console mode thought maybe if I could do a reset would fix, yes I am grasping at straws, have no idea how dropping the remote could cause this. He said he thought it must have landed on power button so pushed the power button to start, does no know if any lights were on box before pushing the button

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    re-enact the crime.
    Drop that remote again

Just a random thought that really is not worth spit... but it was a stab at humor
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Do you see anything on the tv screen? If no spash screen, then try unplugging (live) the hdmi and re-plug it, making sure it is seated all the way. Possibly try a different hdmi cable too.

Ok crazed I will try dropping it, do you think I should first find out if carpet or hardwood floor,how high it was dropped, from left or right hand maybe, I've always trusted your advice. I think maybe neither of us should quit our day job and go into comedy lol. Think more likely the quick power off and on locked this thing up, it may be scrap