Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAG 256 issues

Glad to know it is not just me... :P

Regarding the nands, I have changed back to NAND 2, enabled framerate 50/60 and now it is working , as soon as I change to a US channel it goes to 60 and it goes back to 50 when going back to Stalker main menu (Home), haven't checked yet with 24. It looks like the NANDs have different compatibility issues and other thing I have noticed is that in the inner portal there are 2 or 3 apps missing on the NAND 2, not sure which ones though as I don't use any of them but quite strange nonetheless...

Update: Changed to 24/50/60 and confirmed it is switching between the 3 framerates without any issue!
    Also I have made a firmware update to the same current version and after the reboot it automatically changed to NAND 1! Weird behaviour...
    Last edited by mjvc; 04-15-2017 at 02:50 PM. Reason: update

Awesome, that's great to hear. I agree with you about it being very touchy. I too was having some issues, and a mix between factory resets, reflashing, and changing Nand slice fixed my issues too. I know it sounds like the worst/most lame fix you've ever heard of... But from an IT/computer standpoint, it really doesn't make any sense.

I will try out some of these 50p streams if I can find some and see how it works on a 60hz TV. I have never enabled 50p so that will be interesting to test.

But once again, glad to hear you got her working!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mjvc View Post
    Glad to know it is not just me... :P

Regarding the nands, I have changed back to NAND 2, enabled framerate 50/60 and now it is working , as soon as I change to a US channel it goes to 60 and it goes back to 50 when going back to Stalker main menu (Home), haven't checked yet with 24. It looks like the NANDs have different compatibility issues and other thing I have noticed is that in the inner portal there are 2 or 3 apps missing on the NAND 2, not sure which ones though as I don't use any of them but quite strange nonetheless...

Update: Changed to 24/50/60 and confirmed it is switching between the 3 framerates without any issue!
    Also I have made a firmware update to the same current version and after the reboot it automatically changed to NAND 1! Weird behaviour...

I looked into your NAND slice issue and I think I might know why the icons are missing. On older firmware versions, there was less icons. Anytime you upgrade the firmware, it changes the slice. So I would upgrade the firmware twice in a row, in order to assure both slices are updated. I see no difference in the inner portal icons between both slices.

Cheers

I already updated the firmware 3 or 4 times just to make sure :P however this time on both NANDs I only have 8 apps in the inner portal so looks like now the games are missing for whatever reason!
    I have emailed Infomir and the only thing they told me was to make sure to press "ok" twice after "Clear user data"...

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Games missing with new firmware is normal.
    They removed them with the new firmware.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Yeah I think Crazed is correct on this. If you see the the "recording" icon in the inner portal, and if the weather is working, then you should be good to go.

Not sure if you can download games through the Infomir extra apps portal? Doubtful tho.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    Games missing with new firmware is normal.
    They removed them with the new firmware.
    Oh ok, then I'm good now! For whatever reason then the firmware update didn't work first time as the weather wasn't working and the games were there indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by veronicas View Post
    Yeah I think Crazed is correct on this. If you see the the "recording" icon in the inner portal, and if the weather is working, then you should be good to go.

Not sure if you can download games through the Infomir extra apps portal? Doubtful tho.

Cheers
    Don't really care about the games, was just pointing that on one nand I had the games and on the other I hadn't...
    So probably my issues with the framerate was due to being using the NAND with the old firmware even though was showing me the latest 2.20 from 27 Feb was installed!
    Hum... now will be a good time to also test the HDMI CEC , really like the function when working properly!

"Hum..." Is absolutely correct! Hahhaa. I really don't understand it either to be honest. But I'm really glad it works for you now. There is no good reason why you should have to do all that to get it working. As someone who is very involved in various IT fields, I feel like a goofball giving the advise I do regarding this box because there's no good explanation I can give for why it helps haha.

Cheers!

Ehehe you're not alone!
    I've tried the HDMI CEC but still doesn't work properly, after enabling can't change the TV input as it keeps going back to the input where the box is connected (HDMI 1)! I'm afraid will need to wait for Infomir to fix it...

BTW are you using any buffer or do you have it disabled? I have tried with "500ms" in the inner portal settings and "5s" in Stalker however can't really say if it made any difference...

I can confirm that the buffer works when in the inner portal playing channels from an M3U. I believe the buffer setting in the inner portal only affects this, and not the Stalker portals.

In regards to the Stalker portal, I usually never use any buffer, but I have used it once when it was flaky. It seemed a bit better, but not much. Could've been placebo lol.

The thing is, it might have actually been okay on your end but slow on the IPTV provider end, or the ISP we use, or any of the hundreds of servers between our ISP and the IPTV server.

I keep a close eye on the bandwidth on my network and have noticed that almost every time it buffers, I still have 95% bandwidth left , so I'm inclined to say it isn't on my end.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast