Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MAG 256 issues

MAG 256 issues

I have bought this box about a week ago and while it is not perfect or completely stable, I am quite enjoying the experience overall!
    However I have found some issues and would like to describe them here to see if someone else is experiencing the same.

- The most annoying is when an iptv subscription expires and I'm in Stalker, there is no way to exit Stalker other than unplug power. The menu that would allow you to exit/reboot within Stalker doesn't show up and I'm presented with a black screen!

- There is a second issue when an iptv subscription expires. When running Stalker with a new subscription, the volume is reset to 40~50% every time! That's very annoying when I have already configured the MAG remote control volume buttons to control the TV volume...

- Auto-framerate when enabled, is fine when watching channel fullscreen however when going back to channel list, it shows the list in just half-screen!
    BTW, when this option is disabled, what kind of problems are supposed to show when watching a 24Hz channel?

Will update this thread if I find other issues.

Hey I'm not sure if you've seen this thread, but it discusses auto framerate aka refresh rate switching.
    Code:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?28353-Recording-WORKS-Refresh-rate-switching-WORKS

I'm not sure if it works on all TVs but mine seems to work. Only thing I notice sometimes is when coming back to the EPG, there is a pause and some flickering, and sometimes 1-2 seconds of black screen, before the EPG comes back up. Maybe I'm lucky.

You're sure your TV supports true 24p? (some do not). Also, make sure you have it set 24p/60p and don't include 50p (Unless that's what your region needs, in which case you would likely disable 60p instead of 50p). Also, by any chance... Do you have BOTH the video resolution and the graphic resolution set to 1080p? If so, change the graphic resolution one to 1280x720. This is only the EPG and not the video stream so no worries. Try that if you can.

Edit: There is a volume setting in the inner portal system settings , but it only seems to affect the volume in the "IPTV Channels" are in the inner portal. When you go into stalker portal, that setting is ignored it seems. Weird thing is, I just checked 2 servers and my volume seems to default to 100%. EDIT2: Tried on a third server and it defaults to 50% so I think it's configured on the server side from the provider.

Cheers
    Last edited by veronicas; 04-11-2017 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by veronicas View Post
    Hey I'm not sure if you've seen this thread, but it discusses auto framerate aka refresh rate switching.
    Code:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?28353-Recording-WORKS-Refresh-rate-switching-WORKS

I'm not sure if it works on all TVs but mine seems to work. Only thing I notice sometimes is when coming back to the EPG, there is a pause and some flickering, and sometimes 1-2 seconds of black screen, before the EPG comes back up. Maybe I'm lucky.

You're sure your TV supports true 24p? (some do not). Also, make sure you have it set 24p/60p and don't include 50p (Unless that's what your region needs, in which case you would likely disable 60p instead of 50p). Also, by any chance... Do you have BOTH the video resolution and the graphic resolution set to 1080p? If so, change the graphic resolution one to 1280x720. This is only the EPG and not the video stream so no worries. Try that if you can.

Edit: There is a volume setting in the inner portal system settings , but it only seems to affect the volume in the "IPTV Channels" are in the inner portal. When you go into stalker portal, that setting is ignored it seems. Weird thing is, I just checked 2 servers and my volume seems to default to 100%. EDIT2: Tried on a third server and it defaults to 50% so I think it's configured on the server side from the provider.

Cheers
    I have read your thread before, thanks. The problem here is that simply doesn't work for everybody and if you still see some oddities with auto framerate it means it is not completely solved. Nevertheless, like you said, for the true function of the option, it works!
    My TV supports true 24p, Panasonic GT60 (good "old" Plasma ). I'm from Europe, so here is 50p and is also configured for 1280x720 as it keeps switching from 1280x1080 anyway. Regarding the option "HDMI event reaction" what is it supposed to do? I have configured to "immediately" however I have changed to "Ignore" and haven't seen any difference...

Oh another problem is HDMI CEC, still very buggy at this stage! When enabled, can't change the TV input other than the HDMI1 where the MAG is connected too! If I change the TV input, it keeps going back to HDMI1 immediately after a second.

Regarding Stalker, you may be right. Makes sense that most or all the options within Stalker are configured on the server side, strangely enough I have tried almost 10 server and all with same volume configuration, anyway I can leave with it!

I dunno if it's possible but will your TV accept a 60hz signal? Maybe try 60/24 if it will display and test that. Its really the only advise I can give at this point. Perhaps your TV firmware isn't fully supported by the MAg firmware. But I'm sure things can only get better. If you think this is bad, you should have seen it pre latest update. It was brutal. Even the beta firmwares sucked. Haha

I just set HDMI event reaction to disable. I think it responds to your TV turning off/on but I always thought that's what CEC was for. I have no use for and dont care to use either so I just disabled them, so I can't help ya there.

An update would be nice.

Wow just changed to 60p and guess what... the TV supports all 3 framerates 24/50/60! After a short test can't see any difference but cool anyway...

Haha that's good to hear. Did you try 24/50/60 and 24/60? Only reason I'm asking is because I got lucky on my TV so I was hoping it might just be a setting that will fix it.

Thanks for trying tho. I'm sorry I couldn't help you any further.

Cheers

I've tried all combinations and managed to make it work without the issue I mentioned above, however after a few times going back and forth between channel fullscreen and the channel list, the issue raised again! The truth is I can't even see any difference with the auto framerate enabled and disabled so will leave it disabled for the time being! Probably the only situation where we may see image issues with the auto framerate disable should be when you have a 24p channel and as far as I am aware, I haven't found one until now...

You are certainly correct about most channels not being 24p. I've tried at least 25 different servers/services and what I've discovered is 99% of the providers broadcast live TV @60p. Lots of the providers broadcast 24p VOD content (as expected), but I've only found two providers that provide 24p tv streams. And they only have maybe 1/10 of all channels using 24p.

So keeping it disabled, if you're having issues, is the smart way to go. The only other advise I can give is maybe try doing a full reset (two options in the inner portal, then also one option in the BIOS screen which can be accessed by pressing and holding the "menu" button on the remote while the device is powering up. I don't remember if you can simply reboot it to access the menu, or whether you need to pull the power cord and start it that way. Start pressing the button BEFORE you plug it in). Do a full reset, upgrade the firmware again to the same/latest version and do the reset again.

Other than that, I think your only hope is a firmware upgrade.

Cheers

Today I changed the framerate to 60Hz and I actually could see the difference on the European channels, like the image was not as smooth as with 50, however makes sense as in Europe we use 50 anyway. Haven't checked with US channels but I assume will be the same situation as 60 is used for TV broadcast in the US!

Regarding the full reset, I have actually tried to do a full reset through the inner portal (Reset settings and Clear user data) and also through the BIOS but not sure if it really worked as the Portal urls were still there even after the reset! I have erased both NANDs (NAND1 and 2) however not sure if it really reset or not...

BTW by default the box came with NAND2 as boot, I have changed to NAND1 and currently using it but what is really the difference between both?

In regards to the reset not erasing the portals, I noticed that too and was pretty confused by it.

I'm not positive on this, but I think you can possibly set different settings / portals on each nand slice. Which I suppose would enable 16 portals (if this is true).

Cheers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast