Will the Scheduled Maintenance be taking care of the locking up ,loading huge problem

Hi, I see there is Scheduled Maintenance next week. Will that be when they will be addressing the huge problem a lot of people are having here after the upgrade,Where after a little while after watching tv .The mag 254 box locks totally up ,and says loading at the bottom of the screen,With no way to fix it ,other than unplugging ,and repluging the mag 254 box out and in,Which sometimes just goes to an error page, and you half to unplug and plug it in several more times to hopefully get it to load up again.This happening several times a day,every day. Or are they working on this huge problem right now.Its already been over a week of this terrible problem.Another week to just start working on this problem ,would mean it would extend into over a 3 week problem.Which isn't what many here consider a little problem. Also there is never any talk of the constant unplugging and plugging in reset. I work in electronics,and if this continues to happen it will cause the power socket to become loose in the mag boxes,and sooner than later the power cord won,t fit tight like it needs to in the power port,and you will never be able to keep power to the mag since there will be permanent wear on the power port ,so the mags won't be able to keep power because of the worn out power port.I can feel the play starting on mine already after having to do this so many times a day So as you see this freezing,loading problem has to be address immediately before the mag boxes won't even hold power. It would be much safer for the box,and way more convient to have a rest button or a couple of buttons pressed at the same time so if you half to rest the mags,you can rest it from the comfort of your couch ,and so as to not put the wear and tear on the mag power port,eventially making any tv watching impossible since the mag box or any of the boxes will not work when the power cord is too loose in the power socket to hold power. This is a serious problem in so many ways,and needs to take top priority even before the maintenance program.,Since this is not a maintenance problem but a serious isue with so many mag ,and other boxes since the upgrade. Thanks

Operations Ninja
    ive just been going to youtube,once the red screen appears,then hitting the setup button on the remote,then going to restart portal.lot easier then getting up and unplug the box 50 times a day.before the upgrade you just had to click on the setup button and u would be in the settings..Hope they fix this soon as the upgrade was a downgrade for the mag.

Quote Originally Posted by monty49 View Post
    ive just been going to youtube,once the red screen appears,then hitting the setup button on the remote,then going to restart portal.lot easier then getting up and unplug the box 50 times a day.before the upgrade you just had to click on the setup button and u would be in the settings..Hope they fix this soon as the upgrade was a downgrade for the mag.
    Doing so does nothing to lock on the intronet, still must unplug

Junoir Member
    Thanks it works good.

These answers are just about resetting the box. I am asking if the scheduled update will fix this locking up of the mag boxes,and loading error ,where the box constantly needs to be restarted.If this is not in the scheduled maintenance it should be. Also what have others here with this problem, done to get it fixed ,or is this a waiting for NFPS to fix the problem issue, Also is this just certain mag 254 portals having this problem ,or are all portals affected with the locking up, loading problem. What portal is everyone on ,having this problem ,so we can pin point the problem a little better. I am on portal 1 Yesterday the connection would only go from 5 to 15 minutes tops before it would lose the connection and lock up.Totally unwatchable. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by coomaster View Post
    These answers are just about resetting the box. I am asking if the scheduled update will fix this locking up of the mag boxes,and loading error ,where the box constantly needs to be restarted.If this is not in the scheduled maintenance it should be. Also what have others here with this problem, done to get it fixed ,or is this a waiting for NFPS to fix the problem issue, Also is this just certain mag 254 portals having this problem ,or are all portals affected with the locking up, loading problem. What portal is everyone on ,having this problem ,so we can pin point the problem a little better. I am on portal 1 Yesterday the connection would only go from 5 to 15 minutes tops before it would lose the connection and lock up.Totally unwatchable. Thanks.
    MAG 254 1p wireless r14

I.m on this portal 1p and running r14 firmware. My box is a few years old and is working normal except some stations that freeze. Have 2 other new mag 254 boxes with different portals working normal also. Its strange some boxes work normal and some have big problems with the new update.

Hi, My mag box is over 2 years old also ,so it should not be a new box issue,Also after reading, I reverted back to the R14 file and it is still dropping the connection ,freezing ,loading problem. What can be done to remedy this problem once and for all. I didn't get the problem until the new upgrade.That also changed the volume control. I can deal with the volume control issue, but I can no longer watch tv because it is needing to be rest every 5 to 15 minutes. I still have over 6 months of service left ,and have supported NFPS with yearly subscriptions for close to 10 years. Any help on this issue for all of us with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks