Volume Up/Down Buttons and Setup Button on MAG254 Inoperable After New Portal Change

05 APR 2017

OK..this is weird and annoying. I posted this on the other site, where another MAG254 user had posted the same loss of volume Up/Down button control issues, but not the added loss of response of the Setup button, and neither of us have received a reply yet as to how to resolve it.

I read on this forum, in this thread ( http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...804#post184804 ), about a similar issue, but the proposed solution did not work for the loss of volume / volume control on the 2 MAG 254 units myself and a family member began experiencing this issue on today, even tho we "worked around" the added loss of response of the Setup button, by going thru the outer portal (i.e., Home Button on Remote, then Settings, Go To Inner Portal) and then accessing the Inner Portal setting, and then raising the "Initial Volume" level from 65 to 100, it still made no difference in both the low volume level and the continued loss of Volume Up (Right-Arrow) and Volume Down (Left-Arrow) on the remote, both of which worked prior to the mandatory P1, P2 Portal prefix changes in the Servers->Portals area of the Inner Portal, which as stated previously, is now inaccessible via the Setup button on the remote.

Anyway....here's the original post I made on the other site about this issue:

As of today, 05 APR 2017, mine no longer works either, for both Composite Video / Stereo (PCM) Audio on one unit, and HDMI / Stereo (PCM or BitStream) audio on another unit, plus the Setup Button, which worked prior to the portal change this morning no longer works on both units, (setup button located directly below the Blue button on the upper right of the M--A--G 254's Remote no longer works). Mine and a family members have worked flawlessly in terms of both volume control and accessing the Setup / Inner portal using that button prior to this morning's portal changes.
    We saved the settings, then hard powered off both units using the rear power cable, and now neither of those functions work, even after additional portal resets, equipment reboots, verified audio settings in the local settings area of the main menu under Settings, Audio, etc, etc.

2 each M--A--G 254's running r14, connecting to P1 and P2 respectively, both hard-wired, different geo locations, 75 Dn/15 Up and 100 Down / 25 Up respectively.

Can someone assist with getting these two latest two anomalies fixed that came out-of-nowhere?
    Thanks!

P.S., I had to add the double dashes (-- ) to the M--A--G 254 reference in my original post on the "other" site only because the MAG or MAG254 STB model reference is being filtered out by that site's forum software, don't know why.

There is no fix for the loss of the "setup" button...you'll have to go to inner portal to get to anythning that could using the button on the remote
    as for the volume..I know I couldnt hear jack after the "update" setting level to 100 as you did in the inner portal didnt do squat either..my remote was setup to control the tv volume and power as well
    here is what I eneded up doing..I reset my remote back to default..( press setup and ok button together for 2 seconds?)
    .then the volme buttons worked again for mag..even with volume showing it was to be 100 after restart in inner portal..it was actually only about 25%..so I turned it to 100% and then setup my remote to control the volume on the tv again.[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtEKrNt6ldMl]
    hope this helps
    don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see