Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XBMC box

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    I'm waiting for a box that will do both XBMC and the IPTV that hopefully will be released soon by Rocket. To answer the OP'S question, its going to be a matter of personal preference. XBMC will probably be better for video on demand, such as movies, recorded sports events, and tv shows, while IPTV will be more like your FTA box, and show live channels in better resolution than the streams on XBMC. I really don't want have to use a switch for a lot of HDMI devices, so that's why I'll wait for a decent combo box.
    Rocket doesn't produce boxes lol we just use them lmfao

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by folcan99 View Post
    Rocket doesn't produce boxes lol we just use them lmfao
    Of course... I hope that I didn't imply that Rocket will have an IPTV box... I mean the release of the service that they will provide.

Warrior Member
    There are tons of channels out there, but most of the good ones will cost some bucks anyway. Just do some research on IPTV and XBMC, especially on Youtube, and you'll find out a bunch. From using a bit of XBMC and reviews, I've come to the conclusion that box STBs are faster and easier to use.

If you want ease of use and less complications, knowing the STBs are a bit more limited overall, I'd go with the box. Perhaps the other best way to go would be putting together a dedicated media center from a Mac mini or an old PC.

I strongly suggest you spend a few hours on Youtube and do some homework. Take some time and play around with XBMC and what it has to offer. There are forums and apps galore, enough to make you head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    Of course... I hope that I didn't imply that Rocket will have an IPTV box... I mean the release of the service that they will provide.
    Lol, no problem.

don't need to spend extra money the minx 8-h or dreamlink android or mygica atv582 would do you just fine for you even the new g-box
    Last edited by Marley; 12-19-2014 at 08:52 PM.

I don't mind using two boxes I have the HDMI room on my tv. Just not sure what XBMC box to buy? I am a rocket user so I jump all over the Mag 254 but I want the best of both worlds so I want to get a box for XBMC too.
    Just not sure what one or where to buy it.

I personally like the mygica's....the582E and 1800E are both quad, octa cores....

every one has something to say about get this get that just do some reading and how much you want to spend

Thanks everyone, I have a better understanding of all this stuff now. I will have lots more questions once I have my new box in my hand lol. After playing with the Mag 254 for the last 2 days I can say it's very
    easy to use and navigate and the picture is amazing. Hopefully my new stb will be as easy!

Warrior Member
    When I was learning I spend a lot of time on Youtube. Avov had some really great presentations. Really guys, do some homework on Youtube, it has it all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast