Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Will there be an update for the T1 so we can istall Kodi 17.1 ???

Straight up...... is T1 going to give us an update so we can install Kodi 17.1 ???
    Thanks

Junoir Member
    I think Dreamlink T1 is Android 4.? Kitkat therefore unable to update tp Kodi 17

Junoir Member
    I realize we are at 4.4 kitkat right now. But i'm sure theres a way, hopefully, fingers crossed, that "Dreamlink" will push out an O/S update to 5.1 lollipop. Can any mod Confirm ????
    Thanks

Pure speculation but I think we'll end up seeing another release later this year. I'm not confident that they will push an android version update to the existing devices, but, hope I'm wrong about that.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

TV Addicted
    It's tough to say really. The chipset used in the new T1 plus is easily upgradeable as far as OS goes. What gets more complicated is the UI and current firmware on which Dreamlink uses to facilitate DOL, Kodi and any other native apps. It couldn't simply be that the team has everything based off of KITKAT and don't want to spend the time or effort recompiling when a bulk of there buyers really only want the box for greyarea use

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy carl View Post
    It's tough to say really. The chipset used in the new T1 plus is easily upgradeable as far as OS goes. What gets more complicated is the UI and current firmware on which Dreamlink uses to facilitate DOL, Kodi and any other native apps. It couldn't simply be that the team has everything based off of KITKAT and don't want to spend the time or effort recompiling when a bulk of there buyers really only want the box for greyarea use
    Its too bad the team that brought you the sat rcvrs and designed the t1 are no longer involved

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    Its too bad the team that brought you the sat rcvrs and designed the t1 are no longer involved
    Really? I was unaware of this. Any idea where I could read more about this?

And I have to concur with the other gentleman who happened to state, "expect a NEW BOX later this year", which probably will have the promised lollipop (but this is speculation). It wouldn't surprise me if after the T1 plus release, a new box containing lollipop but with no PVR support (or something critical) will hit the market.

Want PlayStore? Buy the T1 plus
    Want kodi 17? Buy the newest box.
    Want both features? Buy both. (lol)

However, I do have hope that Lollipop will be released on the Plus for all of you who want kodi 17.

Cheers

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicas View Post
    Really? I was unaware of this. Any idea where I could read more about this?

And I have to concur with the other gentleman who happened to state, "expect a NEW BOX later this year", which probably will have the promised lollipop (but this is speculation). It wouldn't surprise me if after the T1 plus release, a new box containing lollipop but with no PVR support (or something critical) will hit the market.

Want PlayStore? Buy the T1 plus
    Want kodi 17? Buy the newest box.
    Want both features? Buy both. (lol)

However, I do have hope that Lollipop will be released on the Plus for all of you who want kodi 17.

Cheers
    read up on it?...lol

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    read up on it?...lol
    Ummm. Where perhaps? I'm not seeing anything about a new Dream Team, just many references to "they're back with a new box".

Thanks SO much for your help.

TV Addicted
    Yes definitely there is another box coming by the end of June �� , I heard from a little birdie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast