Instructions for Couch Potato's Video Add On for IPTV /VOD/ EPG - Kodi 16/ 17

Thought I would Post a step-by-step.
    /kens

Thanks go out to Couch Potato for this Excellent compilation.

Instructions for Couch Potato's Video Add On for IPTV/VOD utilizing PVR Simple Client in KODI 16/ 17
    Note: Instruction steps are derived from KODI's Confluence Skin layout. Users with other Skins will have to adapt.

Kodi v17 has changed the default Skin (User Interface Theme) from Confluence to Estuary.
    (Most users prefer and are familiar with Confluence, so these instructions are based on Confluence, so I will explain how to install and run the Confluence Skin.
    (You can run any Skin you want, but I recommend Confluence for now.)

*Load Confluence Skin:
    On the Estuary Home screen, there is a Settings Icon (small gear Icon) at top left.
    Click the Icon. There will be a number of choices on the screen.
    Select Interface Settings.
    On the screen, click the line "Skin Estuary".
    On the Skin Dialog box, click "Get more...".
    Scroll down to Confluence, and select it.
    It will download and Install Confluence Skin, then the screen visualization will change and it will ask you if you want to use this Skin. Select yes.
    You are now running Kodi with the old Confluence skin.

Download -> plugin.video.potatoTV-104-r2.zip (http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...Stalker-addon) - or -
    hxxp://www.mediafire.com/file/0nglaaw5q85fixm/plugin.video.potatoTV-104-r2.zip

Start Kodi.

*> For Kodi 16: If you already have Stalker PVR Client Enabled, go to System Settings/TV - and Disable TV, then go to System Settings/ Add Ons/ My Add Ons/ PVR Clients/ Stalker Client - and Disable.

*> For Kodi 17: If you already have Stalker PVR Client Enabled, go to System Settings/ Add Ons/ My Add Ons/ PVR Clients/ Stalker Client - and Disable.

- Then go to System Settings/ Add Ons/ Install from Zip File. Find the Plugin file you downloaded and Install.

***Now you must do an IPTV Reset on your Service's user access site. *(Write down your Donation# & MAC#).

- Back to Kodi, go to Video/ Add Ons/ PotatoTV - Rightclick or Long Leftclick(Android) then click Information.

- Click to Enable the Add on, then click Configure.
    *General tab
    - Stalker Portal has 3 choices plus a Custom URL. Select 1 of the 3 services you use.
    - Time Zone - Select your Continent and then your closest City (ie; America/ New York).
    - Mac Prefix - Select the prefix according to your platform. (00:1A:78 - Kodi &Emu).
    - Mac Last 3 - Enter your Mac last 3 Hex numbers in the following format (1A:2B:3C).
    - Donation - Enter your 12 digit Donation #.

*Filter tab
    - Highlight the Language and Genre fields.

*Adult Content - If you want Adult Channels in your list, click each field 1 at a time and select Change.
    (Adult password - couch potato)

*PVR Client tab
    - EPG Source - I use Viper, but you may use something else. Select or enter here. (Viper is the Yahyabell EPG).
    - Playlist Reference - for now leave at Dynamic Links.

*SELECT OK to SAVE.

- Exit out to the Home Screen.

*> For Kodi 16: Go to System Settings/ Add Ons/ My Add Ons/ PVR Clients - and Enable "PVR Simple Client".
    - Go to Video/ Add Ons - and select PotatoTV
    - Click on "Settings PVR Simple Client" (This will auto load your info into the PVR Simple Client).

Then Exit out and go to System Settings/TV - Clear Data then Enable TV

*> For Kodi 17: Go to System Settings/TV - Clear Data.
    Then go to System Settings/ Add Ons/ My Add Ons/ PVR Clients - and Enable "PVR Simple Client".
    - Go to Video/ Add Ons - and select PotatoTV.
    - Click on "Settings PVR Simple Client" (This will auto load your info into the PVR Simple Client).

Shutdown and restart Kodi.

You should see similar Channel and Guide load messages as PVR Stalker Client.
    To access VOD, go to Video/ Add On - click PotatoTV. Click on VOD. Select your language choice.
    You should see a list of over 2000 movies.
    Note: To find certain movies, access the context menu on the left of the screen. Select Filter, and Enter a search word or phrase.

**Another Observation Note: For some reason Simple Client may not "kick in" unless you go into the settings, and click in a couple of fields (dont change anything, just click some fields). When you exit out, you should then see a "Need to Restart" message.
    Also, using Kodi 17.1, I believe there is a problem with the EPG Time adjustment function. No matter what I tried, things were not right. This bug has been reported. I have stuck with 16.1 for now.

/kens
    Last edited by kens; 05-08-2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Further Observations

Junoir Member
    Excellent work. Very easy to setup compared to IPTV Stalker.

I still haven't got the guide to work on the Simple Client but I'm hopeful I'll figure it out soon.

I have not got guide to update for 2 days.
    On a Stalker setup I switched over to Provider Only from XMLTV, and got the guide back???
    just FYI
    /kens

Junoir Member
    Thanks for this. Wish I could get the guide working.

Ministry of Defence
    vipers guide seems to be down at the moment however you can switch over to epg.euyulio.org/ another guide found in the epg forum some channels are missing but hey its an option
    If I helped you why haven't you clicked my rep power

Ministry of Defence
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    I have not got guide to update for 2 days.
    On a Stalker setup I switched over to Provider Only from XMLTV, and got the guide back???
    just FYI
    /kens
    If im not mistaken its pulling the stb guide data
    If I helped you why haven't you clicked my rep power