Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Recording problem with Mag 256

Hi Guys,

I have been using a Mag 254 without any issues but recently upgraded to a Mag 256, it seems much snappier however, it will not record for more than 25-30 seconds when it will stop and display an error message stating "PVR Error - End of Stream", does anyone know what the issue is?
    I have tried 2 different 256 boxes and they are just the same

Did you read my post, about two under yours?

Are you recording through the internal portal (m3u list), or are you trying to record while in a Stalker portal? Recording only works from the INNER portal (m3u) list, and NOT in the Stalker portals.

EDIT: Make sure you have the latest firmware (Feb. 2017) update by updating your box through the "system settings" area in the Inner portal settings.

Cheers

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicas View Post
    Did you read my post, about two under yours?

Are you recording through the internal portal (m3u list), or are you trying to record while in a Stalker portal? Recording only works from the INNER portal (m3u) list, and NOT in the Stalker portals.
    Hi, no I missed your post, but if that is the case, then why does the MAG 254 work from within a stalker portal no problem? What is it, about the 256 that stops it from working (or only work for around 25-30 seconds)?

...And yes it is already on the latest firmware

I have no idea, maybe ask Infomir, as they will likely know? The 256 has only been stable since the end of FEB. Almost nothing worked properly before that. Perhaps it still needs to be added? Or perhaps they have no plans to do so, I am not sure.

Before posting, take a look at other threads that might sound similar to yours (the answer already exists there).

Have a good day.
    Cheers.

Junoir Member
    I have no idea, maybe ask Infomir, as they will likely know? The 256 has only been stable since the end of FEB. Almost nothing worked properly before that. Perhaps it still needs to be added? Or perhaps they have no plans to do so, I am not sure.

Before posting, take a look at other threads that might sound similar to yours (the answer already exists there).

Have a good day.
    Cheers.
    I will drop Infomir an email, see what they say. I searched and searched this forum for an answer and found nothing specific to the recording issue on the 256 hence why I posted!
    Like I said, I have been using a 254 box previously without issue, so I don'r understand why the 256 is different

Now I don't wanna sound like a tool, but I found these 3 threads in the first two pages, and in each case its explained that recording doesn't work. In two cases, specifically mentioned "Stalker" recording not working:
    Code:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?28353-Recording-WORKS-Refresh-rate-switching-WORKS
    Code:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?26366-connect-hard-drive-and-record-on-256
    Code:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?26832-Recording-issues-with-mag256

Please also keep in mind that recording needs to be enabled on the server side of the Stalker portal you are connecting to. 95% of them simply don't permit recording (even if your device can). Most keep it disabled because of the astoundingly huge bandwidth requirements and server upgrades that would be needed to provide that.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding Infomirs reply. It is something I never asked them when I was discussing the bugs that needed to be fixed. They are a good company, and very helpful.

Cheers

Junoir Member
    Now I don't wanna sound like a tool, but I found these 3 threads in the first two pages, and in each case its explained that recording doesn't work. In two cases, specifically mentioned "Stalker" recording not working:
    Code:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?28353-Recording-WORKS-Refresh-rate-switching-WORKS
    Code:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?26366-connect-hard-drive-and-record-on-256
    Code:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?26832-Recording-issues-with-mag256

Please also keep in mind that recording needs to be enabled on the server side of the Stalker portal you are connecting to. 95% of them simply don't permit recording (even if your device can). Most keep it disabled because of the astoundingly huge bandwidth requirements and server upgrades that would be needed to provide that.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding Infomirs reply. It is something I never asked them when I was discussing the bugs that needed to be fixed. They are a good company, and very helpful.

Cheers
    I had found all three of the threads you refer to, none of which helped me enable my Mag 256 box to record for more than 25-30 seconds, which is why I posted my question!
    I am still no further forward after speaking with support at Infomir either, they tell me that the problem is not the Mag 256, but with the service provider, so I have refered back to them to see if they can help resolve this issue

They ALL say that you cannot record in Stalker portals. Only in the internal portal through an m3u list/file. I'm not sure why you would think that your case would be any different? I've tested it on a Stalker portal that allows recording but that's exactly what happens - 20 or so seconds of recording, and then it stops.

If you want to record, you have to do it in the inner portal either with an m3u file or a random stream you found online somewhere. Unfortunately no one can help you fix this because it just doesn't work...

Junoir Member
    They ALL say that you cannot record in Stalker portals. Only in the internal portal through an m3u list/file. I'm not sure why you would think that your case would be any different? I've tested it on a Stalker portal that allows recording but that's exactly what happens - 20 or so seconds of recording, and then it stops.

If you want to record, you have to do it in the inner portal either with an m3u file or a random stream you found online somewhere. Unfortunately no one can help you fix this because it just doesn't work...
    So why does it work fine on my 254 box then!!!

It's not the same product. You need to ask Infomir. No one here works for them, and we cannot possibly give you an answer that you will find satisfactory. I don't really know what else anyone can say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast