Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by date View Post
    The question is , will all this work after NFPS implements the authentication of serial and Mac for each device.
    I have faith that it will.. pocpoc has already implemented MAC and serial authentication at the channel level, and i believe it has been tested to work already.

you really think thats all it will be MAC and serial authentication

Thats all most servers seem to use.. even if they add a different type of authentication, stalker middleware is open sourced. if it can be done with STB emu, it can be done with Kodi, would just need to be coded. i mean sure, they can do something to break Kodi.. but why would they,,, its the best looking client. looks much better than STB emu, and has a working EPG when no other client/hardware does. its acceptance should increase revenue.... i know plenty of people that like the idea of free tv.. but when they see the GUI of a Mag device or STB emu, they refuse as the interface looks like something outta 1997. they would be doing a great disservice to their clients by breaking these plugins IMHO.
    Last edited by psycon; 05-05-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Probation
    Hi can this be done on Mag 254?

Followed the instructions but getting script error when trying to start the IPTV Stalker m3u Server so therefore Live TV doesn't appear as an option on the Kodi home screen.

Checked all urls are correct.

my version says 1.062 i loaded latest file 1.07 try force refresh, so how do i update to latest version

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by dog09 View Post
    my version says 1.062 i loaded latest file 1.07 try force refresh, so how do i update to latest version
    You need to dump the repository that it is on to get the 1.0.11 to work (probably SuperRepo).
    Last edited by dara; 05-05-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by jrry_grz View Post
    Hi can this be done on Mag 254?
    No, its a Kodi solution only. Kodi can't run on a Mag254, to the best of our knowledge.

unbanned christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    Thats all most servers seem to use.. even if they add a different type of authentication, stalker middleware is open sourced. if it can be done with STB emu, it can be done with Kodi, would just need to be coded. i mean sure, they can do something to break Kodi.. but why would they,,, its the best looking client. looks much better than STB emu, and has a working EPG when no other client/hardware does. its acceptance should increase revenue.... i know plenty of people that like the idea of free tv.. but when they see the GUI of a Mag device or STB emu, they refuse as the interface looks like something outta 1997. they would be doing a great disservice to their clients by breaking these plugins IMHO.
    You made a good point to me " increase revenue " but haven't you wondered why they don't allow talking about this method on their official forum, if they were serious about allowing of using kodi/xbmc with their ps then they would have allowed testing this method and also accepting feedback about it but the fact they would not allow it on their official forum makes me to be discouraged investing anymore time on this method since I consider it something very temporarily.
    It comes down to each individual to what he prefers.
    Last edited by date; 05-05-2015 at 09:31 PM.

The reason they dont talk about it on their main forum is because they are worried it will not work when it goes paid and they turn on authentication. and dont want to have a bunch of angry customers... I understand their concern, i just have more faith in the devs i guess. If other servers already work. its likely theirs will too,, and if not, it would just require a fix.. but theya re the ones who would have to do damage control in the event there is an outage... also, to be more clear they have allowed talk about it, just dont want any threads opened with the main focus about it as of yet to get peoples hopes up...
    Last edited by psycon; 05-06-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast