Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    TV Addicted
    Just to weigh in here, I too have the same issues with the PVR. If I try to watch TV through it (via TV or through its guide) I get horrible buffer after buffer constant stop go stop go.... It is completely unwatchable. If I watch TV through Couch Potato it works just fine. Just like Vampirito, I too only keep PVR just for the guide. If it weren't for that I'd uninstall it. I have this issue on both my Avov TV Online +, and my LG Android 7.0 phone. Doesn't matter if I use Kodi 16, 17, or a forked version.

I'm no coder so I don't what the difficulties would be but it would be great if a guide could be built for Couch Potato that is completely independent of PVR. If couch Potato had it's own integrated guide it could stand on it's own without PVR and be one hell of a addon.

Patato TV
    @vampirito

don't give up yet, mate

this is another trick you should try... maybe it can fix your issue

you could try to enable "Play with F4M Tester" under the Tweaks settings

it requires 2 additional addons:

1. f4mTester ---> [my_repo] ---> Video Addons

2. IPTV Simple Plugins Player ---> [my_repo] ---> Services

HOWTO:

1. install those 2 addons from my repo
    2. enable "Play with F4M Tester"
    3. qut & restart Kodi
    4. open pvr client & click a channel

@PayPerView

thanks for the feedback
    FYI, my addon has nothing to do with the freezing and buffering

here is an ilustration how my addon works

1. you = customer
    2. stalker = kitchen
    3. my addon = cashier
    4. pvr client = waiter

my addon (cashier) works as middleware who deliver your order to Stalker (kitchen)
    if your order is OK, kitchen (Stalker) will ask the waiter (pvr client) to deliver the food (tv channel) to you

so, if your food taste bad, blame the kitchen please lol

TV Addicted
    I'm not saying your addon is causing the issues. I'm saying there is something wrong with PVR. I'm simply saying that if an integrated guide independent of PVR could be made in Couch Potato so that we could just get rid of PVR all together that would would be great.

Junoir Member
    PVR is tied to kodi database files so try deleting them so kodi can rebuild again fresh. You will have to re-enable your pvr client but might solve your individual issue. Cannot hurt to try. I have a feeling they are corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by couch potato View Post
    @vampirito

don't give up yet, mate

this is another trick you should try... maybe it can fix your issue

you could try to enable "Play with F4M Tester" under the Tweaks settings

it requires 2 additional addons:

1. f4mTester ---> [my_repo] ---> Video Addons

2. IPTV Simple Plugins Player ---> [my_repo] ---> Services

HOWTO:

1. install those 2 addons from my repo
    2. enable "Play with F4M Tester"
    3. qut & restart Kodi
    4. open pvr client & click a channel
    Did that and still no luck with the PVR. Same results. Actually, when enabling FM4Tester it only seems to work or do something within Potato Addon (cuz i click a channel and it says "loading local proxy.." the channel come up), but doesn't do the same or anything in the PVR side (TV).

I don't know what else to do. Last night got back to Kodi 16.1, deleted everything in the computer related to "kodi" and still same results with the PVR. Another thing is, if using the Potato Addon if i click TV Guide i get this message (although i have done those steps tons of times still saying the same):

Patato TV
    Quote Originally Posted by PayPerView View Post
    I'm simply saying that if an integrated guide independent of PVR could be made in Couch Potato so that we could just get rid of PVR all together that would would be great.
    if this is the integrated EPG like you want..

yep! I have already built it integrated with my own private addon (read page #1)

I don't know if I have to share this too
    maybe someday... ONLY IF you're willing to ................. (?) (fill the blank by yourself lol --- I will do it FOR FREE!)

Quote Originally Posted by JimBoDunn View Post
    PVR is tied to kodi database files so try deleting them so kodi can rebuild again fresh. You will have to re-enable your pvr client but might solve your individual issue. Cannot hurt to try. I have a feeling they are corrupt.

thanks for the idea mate

maybe it could solve vampirito's issue

Quote Originally Posted by vampirito View Post
    Did that and still no luck with the PVR. Same results. Actually, when enabling FM4Tester it only seems to work or do something within Potato Addon (cuz i click a channel and it says "loading local proxy.." the channel come up), but doesn't do the same or anything in the PVR side (TV).
    hmm....
    are you sure you have installed the service plugin ("IPTV Simple Plugins Player") properly?

you could download this playlist & load it with your pvr client
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdk0jw6c65t7kak/pvr_proxy.m3u?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by vampirito View Post
    Last night got back to Kodi 16.1, deleted everything in the computer related to "kodi" and still same results with the PVR. Another thing is, if using the Potato Addon if i click TV Guide i get this message (although i have done those steps tons of times still saying the same)

oops! I found a bug with my codes... sorry mate
    the next release addon will be have the patch

Thanks for noticing it

@PawPerView
    Code:
    https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282157
    This is a program addon so no pvr client are required.you can make a Tv Guide shortcuts to you home screen just like pvr clients.
    Its based on the TV Guide addon thats available from the kodi Repository but with many new additions.

Last edited by Blackbear199; 07-19-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Junoir Member
    @ couch potato,

I would be more then willing to send a donation to you for your personal integrated guide. Would be nice to have guide and addon all in one. Either way, love your work and support.

After trying everything on trying to find the problem with my PVR Simple Client (uninstalled Kodi 4 times, cleared windows registry, installed SimpleClient like 5 times, different m3u lists, etc) i finally found the solution: changed from Portal 1 (P1) to Portal 3 (P3) and did an IPTV Reset after that. Now the PVR is fully working back again and also i'm not getting the nag when i click "tv guide" within the Potato Addon. For some strange reason P1 was rejecting the channels in PVR Simple Client, i say strange because i could open all same channels with VLC and others m3u players.. things i don't understand but anyway i'm glad it's fixed now.

Guide direct channel switching also working fine:

Thank you @CouchPotato for all your help

Junoir Member
    Mental note taken. Do change portal and iptv reset. Thanks for sharing your solution vampirito.

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast