Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm really sorry - But I really feel ripped off.

I bought this box just over a month ago, after reading in several threads that the developers were going to (eventually) add PlayStore support for the T1.

Now I see that there is a NEW T1 coming out with.... PlayStore support. In fact, the place I buy from (Patriot) doesn't even list the original T1 anymore.

So it looks to me that the PlayStore is being added to the NEW box only, and that it will never happen for the existing T1, in which it was promised (eventually). Which I suppose makes this box another "20 app limited box" seeing as 3/4 of the apps in the aptoid market don't even work. Why not add the actual APTOID MARKET APK to let users test which apps work? - without constantly needing to ask to have it added.

At this point, I'm feeling pretty ripped off. Had the true intentions of the dreamlink team been known before (in regards to a new box), I think many others would have not purchased the T1, and waited for the T1 plus, that would permit PlayStore usage.

I know some of you won't agree, and that's fine. And I don't want to offend anyone, but it really feels like a waste of hard earned cash at this point.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by veronicas View Post
    I bought this box just over a month ago, after reading in several threads that the developers were going to (eventually) add PlayStore support for the T1.

Now I see that there is a NEW T1 coming out with.... PlayStore support. In fact, the place I buy from (Patriot) doesn't even list the original T1 anymore.

So it looks to me that the PlayStore is being added to the NEW box only, and that it will never happen for the existing T1, in which it was promised (eventually). Which I suppose makes this box another "20 app limited box" seeing as 3/4 of the apps in the aptoid market don't even work. Why not add the actual APTOID MARKET APK to let users test which apps work? - without constantly needing to ask to have it added.

At this point, I'm feeling pretty ripped off. Had the true intentions of the dreamlink team been known before (in regards to a new box), I think many others would have not purchased the T1, and waited for the T1 plus, that would permit PlayStore usage.

I know some of you won't agree, and that's fine. And I don't want to offend anyone, but it really feels like a waste of hard earned cash at this point.

Cheers.
    I'm sure something can be done to upgrade this unit since it runs android
    Lets Go !

While the box works well having to ask someone Everytime you need an app or update is a pain. While they have been extremely courteous and always put up the apps promptly, I don't see this as commercially viable as the average purchaser doesn't follow this forum and will be disappointed.

TV Addicted

Cheers.
    Although your pain is noted and you have every right to complain..this is a business and this T1 has been out for some time now. I am unaware of yuor background but when it comes to any Andriod Box Company they normally release a new iteration or revision almost every 6 months to keep up with competetion as well as the ever hungry consumer. To address your point on the fact that the T1 plus is receiving access to the playstore, this is a welcomed addition as i am sure Captin from the APK request forum would enjoy a break. This might be something that they can address in the future and its something they may not, your current purchase is a great box and there are many happy consumers that have praised and reviewed it as so.

Really, the only company that releases boxes every "6 months", is AVOV. And we all know why that happens. Doesn't really matter how much anyone defends them. To force people to spend over a hundred more dollars to buy a product that has the main feature we were promised with THIS CURRENT BOX, feels like a really low blow. Something AVOV does to their customers.

Let's be up front here. The T1 has a decent guide, but it still has more bugs than a MAG (notice Infomir released a new box like.. Over 5 years appart)

So no, this isn't the norm.but unfortunately people have become to think its an acceptable practice of box makers. Bait and switch, is what is called.

They can release as many new boxes as they want, but it does not change the fact that there was deception in the promises that were made regarding the original T1.

I certainly won't be buying this. This is a joke. I really hope people wait to verify that the promised features actually work " as promised ", and that they don't just " remove it" and force you to buy ANOTHER new box (cough. AVOV)

Cheers

look this has been going on for yrs and will go on for many more so whats new on any box happen to me many times with iks and then other boxes its name of game dont like it sub what more can i say and they do that too with there boxes
    Last edited by Marley; 03-24-2017 at 10:55 PM.

While the box works well and the DOL app is very capable, I hope that they intend to update to 5.0.
    I have only had the box around six moths and cannot put the new kodi on it. Soon add ons and builds will not work on 16.1. If I could put 17.0 and install my own apk's I would be extremely happy with this device. I would never buy another one without that. I will probably end up giving this one away to someone who just wants to use it for IPTV if they don't update it.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    look this has been going on for yrs and will go on for many more so whats new on any box happen to me many times with iks and then other boxes its name of game dont like it sub what more can i say and they do that too with there boxes
    Name of the game? Supporting the first box is important too.The good companies in iks supported their earlier boxes We are not talking companies that got busted and one time wonders.Telling a person to sub because promised support did not materialize is a little much imo
    Maybe it should be expected though as the t6 file never came either. That last file was only released after we closed the t1 forums here and two other sites
    Last edited by NBS; 03-28-2017 at 01:36 AM.

It's always good to hear input from others, as it's benificial getting a variety of opinions. As someone who is partaily paralyzed, and lives on an extremely limited income, it always surprises me how some people seem able to buy every new product that's released, and then act condescending towards those who may not be in the same financial position that they may be in. I would buy a new box if I could, but seeing as it took me over a year to save the $140 Canadian to buy the initial box (I don't do anything for fun that costs money as I can't afford it), if I start saving now, maybe in another year I'll be able to get it. But after the first experience, I really am not willing to "risk it" again. Once again, I got no issue with new boxes and features. My gripe is with promising feature X on box #1, then not releasing feature X on box #1, but instead, create a new box #2 which has feature X, thereby forcing a purchase of box #2, in order to get the feature that was promised for box #1... I'm sure there are many non disabled folks here who are financially in the same boat as me. Couldn't save our own lives if it required 10 bucks.

Got confusing typing that lol.

I do hope that I'm proven wrong tho, as an update is still possible I suppose.

Cheers

pot?
    It's always good to hear input from others, as it's benificial getting a variety of opinions. As someone who is partaily paralyzed, and lives on an extremely limited income, it always surprises me how some people seem able to buy every new product that's released, and then act condescending towards those who may not be in the same financial position that they may be in. I would buy a new box if I could, but seeing as it took me over a year to save the $140 Canadian to buy the initial box (I don't do anything for fun that costs money as I can't afford it), if I start saving now, maybe in another year I'll be able to get it. But after the first experience, I really am not willing to "risk it" again. Once again, I got no issue with new boxes and features. My gripe is with promising feature X on box #1, then not releasing feature X on box #1, but instead, create a new box #2 which has feature X, thereby forcing a purchase of box #2, in order to get the feature that was promised for box #1... I'm sure there are many non disabled folks here who are financially in the same boat as me. Couldn't save our own lives if it required 10 bucks.

Got confusing typing that lol.

I do hope that I'm proven wrong tho, as an update is still possible I suppose.

Cheers
    Hopefully they will do the software update promised to all of you! There is still plenty of time so let's hope they keep the promise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast