TV Addicted

Kodi 17.1 and Simple IPTV Tutorial

As mentioned in a previous thread I did get Stalker to work but it would die every 30 minutes. I gave up and simply used rockets new M3U list service.

To set it up:

1) Go to https://papiao.is/main/search_rocket and log on using your your email (or 16 digit Order number) and your 12 digit Rocket Donation number

2) If you see 00:00:00:00:00:00 in the MAC address box, skip this step. It there is a differnt mac address, select "Change IPTV Mac Address". When the dialog appears box, delete everything in it (do not put 00:00:00:00:00:00) and press submit. Now log back in.

3) You should now see 00:00:00:00:00:00 in the MAC address box. Right below you will see Playlist. Click on Select Playlist to the right of it and you will see a selection of different playlists

4) Pick the one you want. For Kodi, I used Generic M3u.

5) You will see an URL appear right under the playlist box. Select and copy the URL

6) In Kodi, go to PVR addons and select Simple IPTV Client. If you are using Libreelec it will not be installed by default, install it from the Kodi repository

7) Click configure and click right to get in to the General settings.

8) Make sure Location is set to Remote Path

9) Click on M3U Play List URL and paste the URL you got in step 5

10) Click right and select ok to save, then and exit.

11) Clcik on enable and the channels should load.

Option:

You may want to download the list so you can edit it or potentially get faster switching performance. Just remember these links do change or get added to once in a while.

1) Paste the URL from step 5 into your browser, a file a a .m3u file will download

2) Save the file somewhere on your Kodi machine

3) Go to Simple IPTV, and click on configure then click right to get in to the General settings.

4) Set Location to Local Path (include Local Network)

5) Click on M3U Play List Path and and a dialog will open. Navigate to where you stored the .m3u file and select it

6) Click on enable and the channels will load

Note that you will not be able to use a standard m3u editor because of the added account and password info. I used a simple text editor to edit mine and it worked great.

Enjoy!

Nascar Pool Diecast Winner
    [QUOTE=Modmike;182589]
    6) In Kodi, go to PVR addons and select Simple IPTV Client. If you are using Libreelec it will not be installed by default, install it from the Kodi repository

Do we have to install Libreelec?, Simple IPTV Client is in the PVR Clients section

ok i used generic m3u and a few channels are loading in kodi simple client. im not getting fox news, cnn, and numerous others. however when i try it on perfect player those mentioned channels work.

i tried clearing data and rebooting kodi but still only get a few channels in the simple client,

any suggestions?

PS I dont like perfect player, would rather it work in kodi, unless someone knows a way to better configure pp. did not get all channels on xtream codes either.
    The World Revolves Around Me!!

TV Addicted
    I've abandoned this and gone to Potato Stalker that was just released.

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
    I've abandoned this and gone to Potato Stalker that was just released.
    Good move!

has anyone gotten the nfps iptv to work with the included stalker client version 2.8.3 from kodi 17?

TV Addicted
    i don't see why not it works for iptv66 it should work for nfps

I'm using 17.1 and Simple Client and a playlist that I edited with notepad++ and I didn't have to install anything extra. I'm using a one week epg and about 200 channels and everything loads up in about 2 seconds. It's amazing!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANNYC View Post
    has anyone gotten the nfps iptv to work with the included stalker client version 2.8.3 from kodi 17?
    seen whre using mac 00:1a:79 soom had it working kodi 17