Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tinydread View Post
    Works like a charm. However I cant get the movies to play in Simple client. Any ideas?
    I don't see why VOD isn't working for you in pvr. Before I edited the m3u, I had the whole lineup in simple client and watched 4 movies that way. I've since removed the movies and added them to vod.m3u but it's just easier to watch just the movies through Potato TV or playlist loader. However you might find a 1080p version through another addon in Kodi.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestboy View Post
    I just found out how get the EPG and use the Channel names without the numbers added:
    You have to edit your m3u file like this to match the EPG:

if the EPG for the channel is like this in the xml:

you have to set the link for this channel in your m3u like this to only show ITV 4 as name (and not 120 ITV 4) and the EPG:

red is the name from your xml - replace all spaces with underscores in the m3u!
    green (after the comma!) is your shown name in the Simpe Client View in Kodi

hope this helps - it worked for me
    Hi Bestboy, thank you for your comments, as a result I have made up a new list using the format you mention, and it seems to work pretty good. Here is the download link for anyone interested, you have to add your personal details to the file, just like last time.
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6836g3a3k1gytn8/new_list_April23_Encrypted.m3u?dl=0
    Just click "no thanks" to the dropbox spam that pops up. Again not all channels have a guide but those that do are covered. If you find any typos it's easy to correct them with a text editor.

@tinydread... yes I have the same problem and I use VLC for the movies. Maybe simple client can't handle Mpeg4.

@expatter... for me to pull my own and broadcast it would be too time consuming and overworking. I already work a long day so I don't want to complicate matters.
    MAG254 on IKS66 (wired not wifi)

Junoir Member
    When I first tried it , the full list worked but the new list did not. I went back into text editor and found the original was showing (new list) only one logon info ZZZZZ so, I changed it to ZZZZZZ/ZZZZZZ usern/passw and it worked fine. The full list had it correct.
    SO, anyway THANKS JAUN_VALE !!!!! Great JOB!!

Warrior
    Thank you Waterbug, glad you was able to figure it out.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_vale View Post
    Hi Bestboy, thank you for your comments, as a result I have made up a new list using the format you mention, and it seems to work pretty good. Here is the download link for anyone interested, you have to add your personal details to the file, just like last time.
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6836g3a3k1gytn8/new_list_April23_Encrypted.m3u?dl=0
    Just click "no thanks" to the dropbox spam that pops up. Again not all channels have a guide but those that do are covered. If you find any typos it's easy to correct them with a text editor.

@tinydread... yes I have the same problem and I use VLC for the movies. Maybe simple client can't handle Mpeg4.

@expatter... for me to pull my own and broadcast it would be too time consuming and overworking. I already work a long day so I don't want to complicate matters.

He Juan_Vale can you say if the epg guide is still working?

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by node View Post
    He Juan_Vale can you say if the epg guide is still working?
    Yes it is, has never stopped working since I posted the how2 and I use it almost every day.

If your having problems make sure you have the guide url correct on the "EPG settings" page of the Simple Client config .

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_vale View Post
    Yes it is, has never stopped working since I posted the how2 and I use it almost every day.

If your having problems make sure you have the guide url correct on the "EPG settings" page of the Simple Client config .
    Double, triple check still no guide.

Warrior
    If you copy/paste the guide URL in a web browser you should get a long page of data. If you do, then you have it correct, if not then paste what you use here and let's see. I was not able to test this in all versions of Kodi, but others have reported that it is working. My guide loaded this morning as it always does.

TV Addicted
    Did both, copy the url here and the one in the epgUrl settings both loaded the same data; yet no guide. I am using the Full_List.m3u and Kodi 17.3.

Warrior
    OK... must be a setting in 17.3... I had one confirmed working in 17.1 . Have you been able to get it working in any earlier versions of Kodi ?? Is this on a PC and do the channels load and play ??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast