Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ok thank you very much! I will look in to it.

TV Addicted
    I am using Kodi 17.1 and Simple IPTV. I set up the m3u when Stalker died and that has been working flawlessly. The one thing I cant get to work is the guide. I followed every single step and it just refuses to populate.

Can anyone confirm that the Simple IPTV guide works in Kodi 17.1? Some people say I have to use a hybrid of Simple for playlist and Stalker for EPG. Anyone have any insight?

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
    I am using Kodi 17.1 and Simple IPTV. I set up the m3u when Stalker died and that has been working flawlessly. The one thing I cant get to work is the guide. I followed every single step and it just refuses to populate.

Can anyone confirm that the Simple IPTV guide works in Kodi 17.1? Some people say I have to use a hybrid of Simple for playlist and Stalker for EPG. Anyone have any insight?
    The reason the guide does not work in Simple Client is the channel names in the m3u file you download from here have to be EXACTLY the same as the channel names used in the guide eg.

Code:
              GUIDE                  m3u
    #EXTINF:-1,118 ITV 2  = #EXTINF:-1,118 ITV 2      works
    #EXTINF:-1,118 ITV 2  = #EXTINF:-1,ITV 2          does not work
    the guide is looking for #EXTINF:-1,118 ITV 2... our m3u format is #EXTINF:-1,ITV 2.... there is no match so it doesn't recognise it.

If you have Simple Client installed it should not take you more than 20 minutes to run this project and AFAIK it should work. I only have an older version of KODI and have asked for feedback with other versions.
    MAG254 on IKS66 (wired not wifi)

TV Addicted
    I clued in about an an hour before your answer and edited the list. As predicted, everything works perfect, can't thank you enough.

By the way, I imagine we are stuck with the dual numbering scheme? If I remove the channel number in front of the station name I imagine I will break it?

Lastly, do you have a link to a great channel logo site?

Thanks!

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
    By the way, I imagine we are stuck with the dual numbering scheme? If I remove the channel number in front of the station name I imagine I will break it?
    Correct... that is why everyone has had problems... if you download the XML file from githubusercontent.com/viper8690/epg/master/guide.xml you will see the formats the source uses.. so there is no way to easily get the guide. It takes a lot of editing in the m3u list, that's why I only did the first group, but more can be added. If there is a channel that is not in my list you can search for it in vipers list and edit your m3u. Here is the data for the ITV2 example I gave above

Code:
    <channel id="I118.69228.schedulesdirect.org">
    		<display-name>118 ITV 2</display-name>
    		<display-name>118</display-name>
    		<display-name>ITV 2</display-name>
    		<display-name>ITV2 HD</display-name>
    		<icon height="270" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s69228_h3_aa.png" width="360" />
    	</channel>
    As far as the logos go I only set the 'Prefer XMLTV' and that did the trick. Have you adjusted for your time zone ?? Thank you for the feedback.
    MAG254 on IKS66 (wired not wifi)

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_vale View Post
    In the original download there is now a 'full_list.m3u' which is the complete list, but the guide is only working, so far, on the first 250+ channels.
    Is it just mine or does the guide take forever to load?

Probation
    Thank you. Followed the steps and voila!! everything is fine.

Junoir Member
    I just found out how get the EPG and use the Channel names without the numbers added:
    You have to edit your m3u file like this to match the EPG:

if the EPG for the channel is like this in the xml:
    <channel id="I120.48020.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>120 ITV 4</display-name>
    <display-name>120</display-name>
    <display-name>ITV 4</display-name>
    <display-name>ITV4HD</display-name>
    <icon height="270" src="..." width="360" />
    </channel>
    you have to set the link for this channel in your m3u like this to only show ITV 4 as name (and not 120 ITV 4) and the EPG:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="120_ITV_4",ITV 4
    http:// hereisyourlink .ts
    red is the name from your xml - replace all spaces with underscores in the m3u!
    green (after the comma!) is your shown name in the Simpe Client View in Kodi

hope this helps - it worked for me

Works like a charm. However I cant get the movies to play in Simple client. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Bestboy View Post
    I just found out how get the EPG and use the Channel names without the numbers added:
    You have to edit your m3u file like this to match the EPG:

if the EPG for the channel is like this in the xml:

you have to set the link for this channel in your m3u like this to only show ITV 4 as name (and not 120 ITV 4) and the EPG:

red is the name from your xml - replace all spaces with underscores in the m3u!
    green (after the comma!) is your shown name in the Simpe Client View in Kodi

hope this helps - it worked for me
    Or you can add -F to your code when you do the pull and it will output the channel name first:

</channel>
    <channel id="I202.58646.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>CNN US HD</display-name>
    <display-name>202 CNN US HD</display-name>
    <display-name>202</display-name>
    <display-name>CNN HD</display-name>
    <display-name>Satellite</display-name>
    </channel>

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="58646" tvg-name="CNN US HD" tvg-logo="http://content.iptvprivateserver.tv:88/stalker_portal/misc/logos/240/10.png" group-title="Information",CNN US HD

Then you don't have to edit anything. 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. As long as it works, eh?

EDIT Sorry guys, I didn't realize you were using Viper's guide. I thought you were pulling your own data. IF you decide to do your epg pulls, then my concept works a treat.
    Last edited by expatter; 04-23-2017 at 06:32 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast