Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Warrior

Simple Client with EPG

This is for those using Simple Client in KODI. I still use KODI 15.2 (if it aint broke don't fix it) and I hope it will work in more recent versions.

First of all credit goes to viper8690 for his excellent guide which is the basis for this project. Not all channels have a guide mainly because
    there is no guide for them at the location where Viper8690 gets his information. Also there are 3000+ channels on our servers and most people are
    only interested in the first 200 - 300 of them, so this project only covers those channels from zero up to the adult channels.

You will need a new m3u list, I'm on IKS66, I believe Rocket and NFPS use the same channel lineup so should work with them as well.
    Sensitive information has been removed from the m3u and you will have to edit it back in using your information which you will find in the m3u
    file you download from your donation checker, editing is easily done with a good text editor (I use TextPad) using the find/replace function

Simple Client needs to know where to look for the guide information, which is done in it's config page, you need to tell it where you store the
    m3u file on your computer and the URL of the guide information. Here's how:-

1.- Download and extract the new m3u and photos from
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2p2d5hrbd6qb1jj/NewList.rar?dl=0
    Using a good text editor which has a find/replace function insert your information in the fields YYYYY (URL) and ZZZZZ (User/Pswd). This information is available in the m3u file you download from your donation checker.

2.- Open the config page of Simple Client in KODI. Under the 'general' tab set LOCATION to Local Path and M3U PLAY LIST PATH to where you stored the
    edited m3u file (NewList.m3u)

3.- Under the 'EPG settings' tab set LOCATION to Remote Path and XMLTV URL to
    Code:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/viper8690/epg/master/guide.xml
    I did not need to set anything else on that tab.

4.- Under 'Channels Logos' just select Prefer XMLTV

5.- Finally in SYSTEM - SETTINGS select the TV tab and then 'Guide' and select CLEAR DATA... this will eliminate any old epg data you have stored.

I normally reboot KODI at this point. When it reloads you will see the channels load and then the guide loads.

TIMEZONE. The basic viper8690 guide is in GMT. To adjust to your timezone you will see a new line has been added at the start of the m3u list
    #EXTM3U tvg-shift=-7
    This line is to adjust for your timezone, where I am we are at -7 so you will have to adjust accordingly.
    MAG254 on IKS66 (wired not wifi)

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I am loving this work juan_vale
    I have not gotten to far started in on this yet, but will be asap
    thnx
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    Your welcome... hope it works for you

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I am sure it will

Last night I was using the old Vixo1 with this and that was the problem I do believe. I had power malfunctions with that box and some other things. My addon I was using was so very very slow as well on the Vixo1
    But I am gonna get this setup soon as time permits and get it setup properly ... as you have outlined.

thnx again
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

unfortunately only 278 channels how can I get all the channels I had in stalker? I am new to simple client and I have no clue.

Warrior
    I'm not sure how far 'vipers' guide goes (I have never used his guide so I don't know), but if he covers other channels it's just a case of increasing the list to include them. If you can indicate what channels you are interested in I will try to include them.

Can you please confirm the channels you have (278) most work and what version of KODI you are using as I only have 15.2. Thank you for your feedback.

first thank you for your fast reply!!! I used viper with stalker before although it did not have all the channels on his guide. With stalker I had like 800+ channels, is it possible to get them all back? I am on kodi 17.1 and I just checked and the channels are not working either. only the adult ones. helppp

Warrior
    OK... as I said I've never used viper, but if you had more channels before in stalker then they must be on his server.... just a case of including them in the list. As i originally said there are 3000+ channels on our servers and I'm sure most peeps don't use even 10% of them so to include all in the list is time consuming as I have to compare the channel name in the m3u file I get from IKS66, to the channel name in vipers list.... they have to be identical for it to work.... normally means editing the downloaded m3u manually.

I'm working on a Vb program to do it automatically, but it's taking it's time. What would be neat is if the Admins could include in the download list a m3u in vipers format/
    Last edited by juan_vale; 03-17-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nani012345 View Post
    I just checked and the channels are not working either. only the adult ones. helppp
    You may have to do an IPTV reset at the donation checker, I had a similar problem a couple of days ago and that cured it.

Warrior
    In the original download there is now a 'full_list.m3u' which is the complete list, but the guide is only working, so far, on the first 250+ channels.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast