Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Players

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    credit goes to mameyo1 for bringing this to us

ProgTV - the simple but convenient and universal software for watching TV and listening to radio channels over Internet or local network.
    Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.progdvb.progtva&hl=en

Support for various types of data sources:
    - IPTV over HTTP/TS or over UDP-proxy. Multicast only if your device support that. Blind search.
    - Support of one or more M3U(M3U8),XSPF channel lists. Channel logos, guide, autoupdating.
    - Guide (EPG) in XMLTV and JTV formats support (include zip, gzip)
    - Internet TV and Radio. ITV format of lists (from ProgDVB)
    - Support of Kartina TV, Xtream-Codes IPTV panel, ..
    - Torrent TV links in M3U or other links format.
    - DVB over IP.
    - SAT>IP.
    - Client of ProgDVB for receive channels from DVB device.

Main functions:
    - TimeShift
    - Record.
    - Scheduler.
    - Subtitles.
    - Information about channel format.
    - Interface is optimized for phone, a pad and TV (include remote control using).
    - Support of more one channel list in same time.
    - Favorites list.
    - Per channel zoom and ratio settings.
    - Equalizer,AGC, Spectrum.
    - Folder for user logo of channels.

(ProgTV is contained by the minimum quantity of Ads and hope banners won't prevent to watch TV. For remove of advertizing and at the same time and to support my project, it is possible to buy "removal of Ads" in the application).
    Code:
    http://forum2.progdvb.com
    thanks crazed 2.0 very good info
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Reviewed this a while back.
    Great for tech savvy users, but heavy on the setup knowledge requirements for noob's.
    IMO!
    /kens

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

The Players - at a quick glance

I have been and am currently testing the different media and m3u players available for Android.
    This will be a work in progress and this post will grow with information and 'testing' results as I go.
    At first you will only see some of the Player names (mostly), but I will be adding to this regularly till it is completed.

Players that state that they support m3u does not necessarily mean that they STREAM from m3u online source... careful of the distinguish there.

If yous see any that I have missed, please do post here about it
    Thnx

And guys and gals here is something important that should be mentioned ...
    If you come across a Player that you like and works for your needs, then if you can go ahead and get the 'Pro" version of the Player (pro version usually refers to the paid version).
    This helps the developers and is not a big individual cost to us, maybe 5 bux at most.
    Or with some Players, they are free versions with no paid version available, in that case they may have a donate option. And with the ads that we may see on some of these 'free' versions, those ads helps the developer with his costs too, so do not frown too badly when you see these adds

Simple IPTV - http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...174#post226174
    This basically is an app that when open, will let you choose which compatible Player that you have on your system to use at any time.
    This is nice for testing the different Players you have installed, and is why this app is at the top of the Alphabetical list of the Players seen here.

Archos Video Player -
    -for tablets, phones and AndroidTV devices.

BSPlayer -
    -support video formats: Avi, Divx, Flv, Mkv, MOV, mpg, mts, mp4, m4v, rmvb, WMV, 3gp, mp3, FLAC
    -streaming content such as RTMP, RTSP, MMS (TCP, HTTP), HTTP Live stream, HTTP.
    -multiple audio streams and subtitles
    -Playlist support and various playback modes
    -external and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt.

Free TV Pro -

IPTV Extreme -

GSE Smart IPTV 2.8
    working well with m3u playlist as an IOS option.
    thnx 85146

Media Monkey
    It is a Powerful Player Editor.
    Can not play m3u online streamed content... but can play video from your own libraries, included m3u playlists that are sources from your local videos.
    Plays most any other video audio formats. Love this player for my music libraries and is why it's mentioned here.
    I like the editing abilities with all things with this Player.
    If you have an extensive music library or your own video library, you might like this MediaMonkey Player alot

KMPlayer - knock off of Kodi, not supported.

MoboPlayer -
    -popular subtitle formats such as SRT, ASS, and SAA
    -subtitles built in MKV, MPV, MOV, and others
    -multi-audio streams and multi-subtitles
    -
Playlists and continuous play on same type files
    -
videos streamed through HTTP, RTSP protocols

MPlayer -
    -basic Player but like in VLC Media Player, this little app has most any codec we could mention, supports more than 192 video and 85 audio codecs natively... 'It's quite basic, almost minimalist'
    -fast response when playing videos, low on system resources, support for subtitles, screenshots and more
    -an extensive support for keyboard shortcuts.
    -you will find other Players based on this very MPlayer.

MX Player -
    -features include zoom in/out option while playing a movie... Parental Lock.
    -gives the option for hardware acceleration that can be applied to more videos with the help of new H/W decoder. MX Player supports multi-core decoding, which provides better performance with dual core CPU devices and subtitle.
    -due to licensing issues, support for DTS and AC3 audio isn't available in the core app, though there are custom codecs available online.
    Code:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254
    Perfect Player - http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...Perfect-Player
    -considered by many to be one of the favorite Players available.
    -Supports EPG URL
    -M3U Playlist editing functions

Playlist Loader - http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...laylist-Loader
    -Kodi plugin based installed Player.... side loading is possible with this application but the apk file may be hard to find
    -supports EPG URL

ProgTV - http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...Players-ProgTV
    -the developer started this project quite a few years ago and is still well maintain to this day.
    -Supports EPG URL

TiviMate
    check post #27 , shown below
    thnx aCiDjEsUs

Video Player HD -
    -Supported Video Formats: Avi, m4v, mp4, WMV, Flv, MPEG, mpg, MOV, rm, VOB, asf, Mkv, f4v, ts, tp, m3u, m3u8
    -this Player app has powerful video decoding capabilities, which include support to play video direct from a video camera.
    -use with Android phones.

VLC - http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?125-VLC-Player
    VideoLAN Media Player ... a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player.
    Out of the box it can play almost anything from the ubiquitous MP3 and MP4 files to more unusual formats such as MKV and FLAC. In addition to playing local files, VLC for Android also supports Network Streaming, m3u Playlists and Media Library organization, as well as advanced playback features such as multiple audio tracks and subtitles.
    VLC for Android is also a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer, and filters.
    -Should never need to find or install any custom codecs when using the VLC Player.
    -M3U Playlist editing functions.

XMPlayer -

XMTV Player -

Xtream IPTV Player -

XX Video Player -
    -stereo surround sound effect, bass booster, and equalizer.
    -supports all video formats such as FLAC, M4V, AVI, M3U, F4V and MP4
    -this app may be hard to find. It actually reminds me of VLC Player onscreen lay out and reported functionality... coincidence? ... I do not know.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-25-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

The Players - Simple IPTV

Simple IPTV
    Developer burakkal54 (Burak Kal)
    Requires OS 2.3.3
    Version: 1.1.2
    Updated: 08.01.2016

This basically is an app that when open, will let you choose which compatible Player that you have on your system to use at any given time.
    Also is capable in other m3u ways.
    It can be a good tool to use when comparing the different Players you have on your system to see if indeed they play m3u Playlists. This meaning, that you do not have to go looking for your next installed Player you have, you only have to keep this app running and choose your next Player when it prompts you to (always choose 'Just Once', so that way it always asked every time you enter the Simple IPTV's epg listings and change the channel.
    So in essence, you can change Players simply with a channel change.
    This is nice for testing the different Players you have installed.
    You most defiantly will need an external mouse to properly and fully use the functions on this app.

Install Simple IPTV
    Once the apps opened, you should see a red colored add icon onscreen. That is to add a Playlist stored on external hard drive or an m3u Playlist URL.
    -Open File (USB or other).
    -Add URL (Playlist server URL).
    Open File and use the back icon for your first function (back button is the 2 small dots and that angled arrow icon, seen near top right).
    At bottom of the next list (mnt list) is the USB, scroll down and find that. Follow path and it will open contents of USB and choose from the .m3u file you may have on that drive and click it and now that USB path will be stored in the Simple IPTV app.
    The Add URL will be discussed later. I am just testing that now.
    Back to your Playlist on USB now... Click on the settings tab first, top of screen , them 3 vertical dots and you will see Settings. Open that and set the Select streaming Player to Always Ask.
    Exit out and with your USB device still installed, click on your Playlist shown there on main screen and your m3u Playlist will open to list of channels.
    The 'category' options here are access by the blue bar seen near the top (when set on Blue Theme).
    Choose a channel and then choose the Player you want.
    Your channel should open on that Player. Change the channel will bring you back to Simple IPTV channel categories.
    Choose another channel or that same channel and choose a different Player and away you go with that new Player. The functions of the external Players are defaulted back to the Simple IPTV control, but this will allow you to see which of your installed Players will work with Playlist m3u files.
    And you will not hve to find the USB drive and open its contents every time you switch Players.
    Next thing to check is the URL method and I am thinking that entering the URL onto the Simple IPTV , then that will nagate the need to enter the URL onto each Player, but that may be high hopes, but we will see

Indeed this Simple IPTV app is doing just what I hoped it would.
    What I did was delete all my Players from the receiver, and then reinstalled them.
    Then that way I knew that any URL configurations I may have had of those Players were erased.
    I did same with the Simple IPTV app and then I entered the Playlist URL onto Simple IPTV

We already know that if we add an m3u Playlist thru USB on to the Simple Player, then all other Players will work with that same USB/m3u path ... and no need to open each Player individually and find the USB device and save the path.
    Now I also know that this works with the Playlist URL as well. You do not have to type in the URL into each new Player when you first initially open the Player to use. The Player will get the URL from this Simple IPTV app.
    Nice feature and does make this app all the better.

But this Simple IPTV app does not have an option to add an EPG URL, so the EPG URL may and will have to be added to each individual Player ... I will test that soon too.

I look at this app more as a tool, and a very nice tool it is
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-03-2018 at 02:04 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

thank you crazed 2.0 for the info and for your time to write this all. kof
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted

The Players for IOS

GSE Smart IPTV 2.8 working well with m3u playlist as an IOS option.

On a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam...

TiviMate

Hey Crazed, you might want to add TiviMate to that list:
    Code:
    https://apkpure.com/tivimate-iptv-player/ar.tvplayer.tv
    I've been testing TiviMate since Wednesday or Thursday and I must say it's a nice app and it's so easy to use something that elderly would profit from, very quick channel switch it's almost like having a cable tv haha. I showed it to my grandma and she liked it better then using Kodi with Stalker.

TiviMate is a popular all-inclusive IPTV Player that works with IPTV66, NFPS and Rocket on Android set-top boxes.
    There is both a premium version and free version of the software available for use. However, I suggest purchasing a premium account for a much more enjoyable experience.

Main features:
    Modern user interface designed for big screens
    Support for multiple playlists
    Scheduled TV guide update
    Favorite channels
    Catch-up
    Search
    Recording to external HD and over SMB.
    Auto frame rate (AFR)
    Turning on last channel on app start
    and much more

It works great on Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen., Amazon Fire Stick 4k and EZ Media Player <---- Solid Box!

aCiD.
    Last edited by aCiDjEsUs; 04-25-2020 at 08:02 PM.
    Catch me smoking weed where the Wild things are.

added to the list.
    thnx aCiDjEsUs
    - Frank Zappa

aCiDjEs can I use this player with my buzztv ???? this player look good

Quote Originally Posted by Javier_11 View Post
    aCiDjEs can I use this player with my buzztv ???? this player look good
    yes you can install that apk on your buzz tv .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast