Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Guys,

I have a MAG 256W2 and using beta firmware 7.11, this fixes most issues and my 256W2 runs almost flawlessly. Get it from here

Is that the same for the 256 w1? , so is the beta that is not released yet?
    And how old is that firmware?

I have this:

And to update firmware just put on flash pen/drive and reboot the mag? and it should start?

Thanks,

Correct, all versions of MAG 256 (256/256w1/256w2) use the same firmware. The beta fw 7.11 is from January 2017 so slightly older but it works well for me.

I will also try the latest fw (Feb 2017) on my 256W2 and report back if any issues. I'm not using iptv66 or iptvrocket iptv, so my experience will confirm whether the issues affect ALL iptv users or just those using iptv66/iptvrocket.

Ok I updated my MAG 256W2 to the latest firmware 2.20.01-256 and everything is running as smooth as a baby's bottom, on both of my IP subs. However I'm not using iptvprivateserver/iptv66/iptvrocket. So my guess is that there are compatibility issues with the iptv services mentioned. I attach screenshots which shows which stalker version is being used on my MAG 256:

So i went and downgraded to the firmware posted above and same result,no go for me...

For some reason, i am getting high pink when i ping to my iptv server ,witch is around 180 .ms

I think i may have a internet problem, i suppose to have 100 mb/s and while testing the speed i am getting only 50-55 mb/s (connected from modem to computer,or even modem>wireless router>computer)

High ping happens when i think packets are overseas. (Out side of Us)

Junoir Member
    I also downgraded the firmware no go here either for some reason I can't ping to portal url

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    infomir is very particular at what firmware they publically release. Is why we have not seen the new firmware on their download webpage yet.
    Is also why we have not really liked to see this firmware posted here on site.
    I am not saying that the firmware is bad, heavens no. I do know for a fact that it originally comes from infomir, but until it is 100% in their eyes, they will not put it up on their website for release.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    infomir is very particular at what firmware they publically release. Is why we have not seen the new firmware on their download webpage yet.
    Is also why we have not really liked to see this firmware posted here on site.
    I am not saying that the firmware is bad, heavens no. I do know for a fact that it originally comes from infomir, but until it is 100% in their eyes, they will not put it up on their website for release.
    But the latest fw 2.20.01-256 is already out officially. You simply check for an update through the MAG 256 and it shows up. However for some strange reason Infomir haven't included this on their fw page yet, I suspect they will do it very soon.

Just to re-iterate, no issues at all on my MAG 256W2 with the latest fw, it runs like a dream

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho1 View Post
    But the latest fw 2.20.01-256 is already out officially. You simply check for an update through the MAG 256 and it shows up. However for some strange reason Infomir haven't included this on their fw page yet, I suspect they will do it very soon.

Just to re-iterate, no issues at all on my MAG 256W2 with the latest fw, it runs like a dream

ohhh okay... thnx for teling me this
    I was waiting for someone to report that the firmware was avalable thru the 256

thnx pyscho1
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123