TV Addicted

Question Stuttering and choppy playback on kodi.....?

Hello, I been enjoying my dreamlink T1 for a few months now. The DOL works well. But watching movies on kodi has been giving me some trouble lately.

I installed the kodi using the clairvoyance app. Initially everything seemed to playback well however I recently wiped everything out (reset) and reinstalled all my programs again. This time I noticed the clairvoyance build was a newer version. Now when I go to watch a movie through exodus, specto, salts or any other streaming app I'm having this trouble.

About 20 to 30 minutes into the movie the show will start to stutter a bit and the audio breaks up as well. It's to the point where it becomes unwatchable as you miss some of what is being said during the audio break and video stutter.

As mentioned earlier, I didn't notice this when I first installed kodi/clairvoyance app. It seemed to work great until I reset the box and re-installed kodi. It seemed as if the problem was from this newer version of clairvoyance this time around. Although it may just be coincidence.

In any event, I wanted to know if anybody else experienced this sort of trouble and if there is any known fix for this type of problem. My network is blazing fast and not the problem. I can stream movies from other devices without any trouble. Just something gone wrong here with the clairvoyance/kodi app.

I have tried clearing the cache and went as far as deleting the data thus removing the clairvoyance build. Still the same.

I even tried removing and re-installing this clairvoyance and still having this problem.

I also tried disabling hardware acceleration, and still no luck.

Any help that may possibly fix this up sure is appreciated. Thanks.

TV Addicted
    As a follow up on my previous post here, after spending much time fiddling with settings without any success, I decided to just completely un-install the clairvonyance version of kodi.

I then installed the standard kodi 16.1 (jarvis) that is in the local market along with a few other personal addons and this time everything is playing back well. The problem I was having was coming from the clairvoyance/kodi build which is also in the local market. There is definitely something not right with that app.

In any event, all seems to be well now using the standard original kodi install app. I'm once again enjoying my kodi on my dreamlink T1.

If at the least, if anybody else is experiencing a similar problem, I hope this will be of some help. Thanks again.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    thnx addicted
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

for me i clean cache every day but i run 4k too what i found out you need a great modem and fast provider got to have that or end story and know which are best server in kodi its not box most of time
    Last edited by Marley; 03-05-2017 at 11:21 PM.