Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: BuzzTV xpl2000

TV Addicted
    Seems like this thread is really picking up..own section perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by veronicas View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing that. Omg I had no idea it had such an EPG. I'm really intrigued now, and may end up picking this bad boy up. I think I may end up going with this box rather than waiting for the new Dreamlink box in June/July.

Seriously, thanks again. I'm sure many folks wanna see those photos.

EDIT: As others have said, I sold my T1 due to the abandoned promises that were made. I loved it, but I refuse to support a company that deceives and gouges its customers for money. At least that's my point of view.

I look forward to trying one of these bad boys. It looks pretty epic. Has there been many/any system updates since you guys have received your boxes?

Cheers!
    yes it is really a good epg. yes there has been a few updates to fix bugs, they are very good to deal with and solve problems very fast! the box itself is faster then the old t1 and is pretty seamless channel changing/surfing, vod and stuff like that. very impressed with it. it is worth trying out forsure.
    I was dealing with the org t1s and they left a sour taste in my mouth with this whole new box and lack of upgrade to it and a new box already in the works.
    any other questions just ask away!!

here is a couple more, not sure why its saving so small. first is the home page. second is the market and last is another of the epg guide

That's absolutely beautiful! Thank you very much for posting this info and photos. I'm sure many folks will be interested in the box after seeing that.

And the Google PlayStore works as expected?

I think I'm gonna get one. I already own a few s905 boxes from beta tests which is why I've been holding off lol.

Cheers!

EDIT: I forgot to add that the device uses a s905-b Soc which if I remember correctly, has a bug in the hardware decoder for 4K 10 bit X265(HEVC) videos. No IPTV sub uses X265 anways, and if you don't have a 4K TV , you got nothing to worry about. If you watch a lot of "4K 10bit X265 videos" , you may have issues with playing them smoothly. Just something to be aware of.Software decoding should work perfectly fine however (if the box can handle it, which I'm not sure of)
    Last edited by veronicas; 04-17-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Junoir Member
    I picked up an XPL 2000 on Saturday and have a few minor nits/questions. When playing VOD from the iptv provider, content is stretched vertically to fill the window rather than being shown letterboxed - is there a way to correct this? There does not seem to be a setting to change this - has anyone else found this? Content is shown correctly through Kodi 17.1 on the Buzztv but not through the VOD selection. Also, the rewind feature on live tv accessed by pressing right arrow on the available channels (shown on the grid with a double arrow) does not function for me - it crashes back to the Buzztv homescreen after showing a calendar of recent days on the left side of the screen - touching the calendar leads to the crash to homescreen. Channel changing is largely smooth and fast - I've encountered minor freezes when switching to channels that aren't active at the moment where the system won't switch to another one until a long time out occurs - not sure if this is consistently happening. The google playstore is accessible and largely works - be careful for mobil vs tablet or tv formatted apps.

Otherwise, the XPL 2000 seems to be working fairly well. The interface is quite clean and responsive.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    We stickied this thread here in this forum guys.
    That will have to do for now but will get yous a forum soon.
    Thanks for making it a sticky.

Cheers
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-18-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Junoir Member
    I've been interested in the reason for the VOD being stretched vertically on some letter-boxed content - again I'm not sure if this is provider specific as I've only tested this with one provider. But I have "crashed" the live TV app a few times back to the VLC player settings menu which suggests to me the Buzztv app is built to use VLC player (which does the automatic stretching if used on android apps like flawless tv but not if using mx player). It is possible that the VLC player settings appearing is an artifact of something else I've had running earlier but perhaps there is hope for adjusting a default setting here. I'm going to see if a higher bitrate provider (with servers topologically closer to me) improves video frame rate - non-iptv sources like Netflix or related stream flawlessly - right now the system is working pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by aditaya12 View Post
    Hi Munstah could you please tell me how to get rid of STB messages e.g. your subscription is going to expire, package changes etc.... on MAG , AVOV you can simply press OK and message will go away but on Buzz Tv these messages are not going away. Any help will be appreciated
    on my buzz tv devices i just hit ok and they disappear.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Quote Originally Posted by plorraine View Post
    I picked up an XPL 2000 on Saturday and have a few minor nits/questions. When playing VOD from the iptv provider, content is stretched vertically to fill the window rather than being shown letterboxed - is there a way to correct this? There does not seem to be a setting to change this - has anyone else found this? Content is shown correctly through Kodi 17.1 on the Buzztv but not through the VOD selection. Also, the rewind feature on live tv accessed by pressing right arrow on the available channels (shown on the grid with a double arrow) does not function for me - it crashes back to the Buzztv homescreen after showing a calendar of recent days on the left side of the screen - touching the calendar leads to the crash to homescreen. Channel changing is largely smooth and fast - I've encountered minor freezes when switching to channels that aren't active at the moment where the system won't switch to another one until a long time out occurs - not sure if this is consistently happening. The google playstore is accessible and largely works - be careful for mobil vs tablet or tv formatted apps.

Otherwise, the XPL 2000 seems to be working fairly well. The interface is quite clean and responsive.

I haven't managed to crash the buzz tv application except a few times when holding the up or down button to scroll through channels using an aftermarket airmouse remote. In each case it crashed back to main screen and not VLC. I've tested with 5 servers and all seemed to work great except for one which could not connect. Channel change speed varies from service to service. tv catch up function works flawlessly on the couple servers that truly support this option.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Junoir Member
    That's interesting - can you let me know an example service that supports catchup?

I've mostly experimented on ----STAFF Edited---- did not think to try this on a yyy evaluation that expired. I can crash back to the desk top by trying to select catchup on ..... When in the live TV app, I pressed menu on the remote and a window appears on the side with a list of choices - below a horizontal line in that menu is an option that is "Settings" (also update and a few others). I was trying to access that selection using both the provided remote and a mouse remote - it seemed to be available very briefly after the window appears but is not selectable after that. After trying to select Settings a few times, I opened a channel and hit the filled square button (full stop on playback) and crashed into the VLC player settings menu. Is VLC in your Apps directory? I'm wondering if it got dragged in for me as a dependency. I installed the Flawless android app and that prefers VLC as its player - possibly that's where it came in - I switched the zzz android app player to MX Player to fix the VOD stretching problem in that app and was hoping something similar might exist for the BuzzTV live app.

I'm reasonably impressed with this box so far.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-21-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast