Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by zedenka View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks nrules387 for recommending this app. I also switched from KODI to Perfect IPTV Player and wow it has been amazing so far. Channels look waayyyyy better than on KODI. I was amazed by the quality of channels when using this app compared to using KODI. Loading times are also fast as well and i also like how the app is laid out with the channels and EPG, it looks like my cable box setup. The only problem i am having is that the guide for most of the channels are not being populated. I was wondering, has anyone experience this with Perfect IPTV Player app? I see the user "85146" also have a similar issue. Using XXXXXXXXXXXXXX with Kodi most of the channels have a guide but with Perfect IPTV player only a few. Could it be a problem with the app? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks again everyone.
    I have a suspicion the problem with epg on PP has more to do with the naming conventions between the two databases. My understanding is that the channel names have to be EXACT between the two databases otherwise the info from the epg source will not transpose over to the app. I haven't had time to dig into the data to compare the listings between the playlist and the epg sources but if anyone else is able to comment that would be helpful.

Banned
    What i found out about my years in iptv, I assume MAG is the best..... this is just advices tho, if you use smart tv, download ottplayer, android boxes: GSE/XTREAM CODE IPTv
    what do you think guys? stay awesome!

TV Addicted
    I haven't found a solid way to generate a full epg, both options posted in the kodi section generate about the same.

I figure there's a way to generate a better one, but it would probably require maybe building on top of the coding those URLs provide, and I'm not familiar with any of that

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anilkuj View Post
    If you guys have AndroidTV box like Shield or Mi Box , try TVirl app on play store you can configure the M3u url there and the EPG . the best part is it integrates with the built in Live channels app to give beauitful UI with nice cable like experience , only draw back with this the VOD doesnt work and as of now the the epg urls dont work properly for me , i have to manually download the guide xml and push it androidTv box and select it everytime . Aso another nice bonus is you can do voice search for channel name or the program name from anywhere on the box it will show you the live channel in the search results

the developer is very responsive i have sent him soem feature requests and bug fixes hes looking into it .
    How did you get EPG help. Thanks

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    I have a suspicion the problem with epg on PP has more to do with the naming conventions between the two databases. My understanding is that the channel names have to be EXACT between the two databases otherwise the info from the epg source will not transpose over to the app. I haven't had time to dig into the data to compare the listings between the playlist and the epg sources but if anyone else is able to comment that would be helpful.

I have had a chance to compare the data between the "generic m3u with options" playlist and the euyulio epg. Here is what I have found:

As an example, the Cooking Channel HD populates epg data:

From m3u file:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="30156" tvg-name="Cooking Channel HD" tvg-logo="http://content.iptvrocket.tv:88/stalker_portal/misc/logos/240/3263.png" group-title="Culture",Cooking Channel HD

From EPG source:

<channel id="I232.68065.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>232 Cooking Channel HD</display-name>
    <display-name>232</display-name>
    <display-name>Cooking Channel HD</display-name>
    <icon height="270" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s68065_h3_aa.png" width="360" />

The lines I have highlighted red are identical

HGTV doesn't populate the epg:

From the m3u file:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="14902" tvg-name="HGTV East HD" tvg-logo="http://content.iptvrocket.tv:88/stalker_portal/misc/logos/240/2507.png" group-title="Entertainments",HGTV East HD

This is how the EPG source reads:

channel id="I229.49788.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>229 HGTV East HD</display-name>
    <display-name>229</display-name>
    <display-name>HGTV East HD</display-name>
    <display-name>Home &amp; Garden Television HD</display-name>
    <icon height="270" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s49788_h3_aa.png" width="360" />

Note the highlighted red text doesn't match. The epg source spells out the words "Home & Garden Television" Rather than the acronym HGTV which the m3u uses in the name.

This is consistent with other channels that don't populate epg such as A&E:

from m3u:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="10036" tvg-name="A&E East HD" tvg-logo="http://content.iptvrocket.tv:88/stalker_portal/misc/logos/240/583.png" group-title="Entertainments",A&E East HD

From EPG source:
    <channel id="I265.51529.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>265 A&amp;E East HD</display-name>
    <display-name>265</display-name>
    <display-name>A&amp;E East HD</display-name>
    <display-name>A&amp;E Network HD East</display-name>
    <icon height="270" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s51529_h3_aa.png" width="360" />

The names for A&E aren't a match.

So if this in fact what interferes with the epg to populate, what can be changed to ensure both naming conventions match? Maybe the m3u file can be edited to match the epg convention but I think the more appropriate solution would be for the epg source to edit the name consistent with the m3u playlist provided. Perhaps a Mod can provide input into if this is a correct assumption or am I missing something with how this works?

Junoir Member
    The EPG assign mode in advanced section in Perfect Player looks promising . You can edit the assignment and make more of the EPG work. I can get over 200 channels with EPG info using yahyabell and euyulio links .

Junoir Member
    Hi. Guys hopefully someone here can help me, I got a service thru **EDIT** and they sent me the info now I'm trying to configure the iptv simple client and I have no clue on how to do it. I've been watching videos on YouTube and seems easy but I don't know which is the link I need to get this done. I contact support and they said just add the link to simple client but the thing is that the info they sent me is Lil bit confusing and I'm lost. Thanks in advance for all the help I can get.
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 06-24-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Junoir Member
    Help please,
    I am using an android box with perfect player, I loaded my m3u and it does work except for this problem:
    After a couple of minutes the picture cuts out for 3 seconds and comes back on repeating the last scene over again,
    This happens on all channels. It's not my internet connection as my Mag 254 working with a different provider works flawlessly.
    Anyone have any ideas on this problem?
    Thank You

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123