Thread: localization

localization

Hi good morning I can not get the time zone change in the new emulator 9.03. It do not have anything much in it to change to, or am I doing something wrong?

I just check and you are not alone, there's no other country's except the default one
    Search and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Give me beer friends for life

TV Addicted
    I have never been able to change anything in the menu on the Emulator but I have noticed if I have a USB stick with the Emulator loaded and it's been sitting around a while and I load it the time zone is always wrong but if I where to go copy the link from here now and loaded it to my box now it would have the right time zone. It knows where you are when you download it I'm thinking. Don't use old downloads of the Emulator use the last posted link here when ready to set it up and see if that works for you.

I just saw that mine is 2 hours behind. Has anyone been able to find how to change the time zone on the stb emulator. I'm on Eastern standard Time. But haven't found out how to change the time to the correct time.

Please if anyone has figured how to change the time zone I'd appreciate it if you can share.

No your not doing anything wrong that I'm aware of. I've asked this question before. Even tried asking Mvas but got no response. mrgreg 2 posts up says that when you first download the latest stb it should automatically get your time zone. I just rather not play with mine because everything is working fine. Except the time. I'm 2 hours behind. I did try something and it did bring the time closer to my time. Now I'm just 30 minutes off instead of 2 hours. This is what I did. Go to your boxes settings/ go to the time settings and untick the auto time zone/change the time/ eg. I was 2 hours behind so I set the time manually 2 hours ahead/ reboot the box/ go into the stb emulator and it should be almost correct/ then go back to your boxes time settings and change the time manually back to your actual time and date/ then put it back to auto detect. That's about as close as I got to getting my time correct. Didn't play with it anymore to try to get the time closer. Might try it though soon. Just been lazy. Anyways hope it works for you

Thanks for your reply.