Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

mag 254 & mag 254w1/w2 - What are the w models ?

Just wanna post this for those that want to know what the difference is with the 254 and the 254w models.
    The 254w models came out about one year ago, along with the 256w model.

The 'w' refers to WiFi
    Code:
    http://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/iptv-stb/mag255/
    And, please refer to pyscho1's post found just below, for more info on the w1 and the w2 models.
    thnx psycho1

The mag255 model is a different beast all together, then the 250 and 254 and 256 models, as shown below...
    MAG255 is a closed platform that does not allow image modification. It has integrated Verimatrix content security solution and is meant for operators that already use Verimatrix.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-26-2017 at 04:28 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Just to add, if you do go for a 'W' MAG model and your router has 5ghz ac wifi, then try to go for the 'W2' model as this supports 802.11ac on the 5ghz band with speeds of of up 600mbs compared with 150mbps speeds on the W1 version (only has a 2.4ghz 802.11n wifi card).

I recently purchased a MAG 256W2 and have no issues at all streaming iptv channels through wifi when connected to my Netgear R9000 beast

Junoir Member
    Please if someone can help me. My mac address linked to other server. when I use other server I am getting message that Duplicate MAC address. Please use different MAC address. Please reply.