Oh Great, Breast Milk Ice Cream Is Back

When it comes to ice cream this summer, breast is best."

The world is entering a golden age of wacky ice cream flavors and innovations. No longer is it shocking to find scoops made with items like foie gras. However, there is an ingredient that still induces one's gag reflex: Human breast milk. The Independent writes that London-based ice cream makers the Lickators are teaming up with breast feeding advocate Victoria Hiley to re-launch pints of breast milk ice cream, which first appeared in London in 2011 (and were eventually confiscated).

It's a way to celebrate the forthcoming birth of the second royal baby.

Hiley, who was involved in the first iteration of the product, notes that she chose to re-launch her breast milk ice cream as a way to celebrate the forthcoming birth of the second royal baby. After all, there's nothing like tying your agenda to the birth of a child. Hiley adds that she wants to also remind people of "how delicious breast milk is, whatever your age."

Called Royal Baby Gaga, the ice cream is made from donated breast milk — that has been screened in accordance to hospital standards — which is blended with Madagascan vanilla. The product will be available at select stores in London this summer and on the Lickators's website. Profits from sales of the pints will be donated to a breastfeeding charity.

Hiley is personally very excited about the flavor: "When it comes to ice cream this summer, breast is best." It might not be the best, but on the plus side, the pints appear to be Listeria-free.

Pinball Wizard
    I wonder if they have Butter pecan....

Junoir Member

Oh Great Breast Milk Ice Cream Is Back

my raw goat milk ice cream is tasty, but often it has too many ice crystals. my goats are saanens with little butterfat, so I think I'm actually making ice milk, therefore I get ice. am I right?