Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TV Addicted
    Sometimes it is what it is, but I doubt the Avov itself is responsible for the freezing. The adjustable buffer cache on the dreamlink can be very helpful, but it is not a cure all if there are more serious throughput issues going on somewhere in the data stream. I do like my T1 very much though, so can recommend it as a solid box.

Sometimes freezing is unavoidable. Case in point, last night, was trying to watch the new episode of shark tank and it started freezing. Switched to a different channel, also playing shark tank, but it was freezing as well. Tried other channels and no freezing. Switched over to my other provider and shark tank was freezing on both of the channels streaming the show there as well.

Consistent 170mbps down from my isp. DOL set to maximum buffer cache.

In that case it was clear to me that both of my providers were likely getting their feed for that channel from the same overtaxed source. Absolutely nothing I could do would help. In this case it wasn't on my end, my isp's end or my iptv providers end... it was further upstream

That said, if the Avov plays channels well sometimes on your current iptv provider, and your internet connection is reliably fast, it may very well not be your box or isp.

Nothing wrong with having a backup box and/or iptv provider, just to help narrow down the source of these types of issues. As I mentioned earlier though, sometimes even having backups for your backups isn't enough to eliminate every issue. Most of the time it helps to narrow down where the problem is originating though. Process of elimination, and whatnot.

Junoir Member
    Hey everyone. Been having problems with DOL lately on my Dreamlink, the guide is about an hour behind and the neon bar is way out of place on the left. Is anyone else facing this issue? Been looking for ages for some kind of help so anything would be appreciated! Thanks guys

TV Addicted
    First off, go to Settings-Android-Display and change UI size to 720p. That will get your vertical now playing line back to where it's supposed to be.

Then go into the time settings and change your time zone to the one next to your actual time zone. This will make the guide correctly display what shows are currently playing, however the overall time on your box will be off by 1 hour.

There is no other fix currently available that I'm aware of.

Got a DL T1 with a different PS. It's way better than the AVOV 4. Anyone who thinks they like the AVOV 4 needs to try the T1. No comparison. The issue, though, was rockets. It has issues. I now have a no freeze viewing with a really great EPG. I'm very happy with this device.

Warrior
    SEsbiBC
    Wouldnt it be better going into settings,display,display area and use the arrows to adjust your screen?

Junoir Member
    Just changing the UI sized fixed everything for me! I didn't have to mess with the date or time either! Thanks a ton, been looking ages for a fix, will spread the word! Cheers Seb

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    SEsbiBC
    Wouldnt it be better going into settings,display,display area and use the arrows to adjust your screen?
    Nope. Different issue.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Organik View Post
    Just changing the UI sized fixed everything for me! I didn't have to mess with the date or time either! Thanks a ton, been looking ages for a fix, will spread the word! Cheers Seb
    Glad it resolved the issue!

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SebsiBC View Post
    Glad it resolved the issue!
    Thanks ,never had the issue

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    Thanks ,never had the issue
    Yeah, it's a little odd. If you change the ui size in the android backend to 1080, the vertical line in the DOL guide which runs through the currently playing program gets shifted way off to the left so it no longer coincides with the current time or current program airing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12