Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kodi 17 update?

Hi Marley thanks for your replies and suggestions. I just went and had a look at my 4k, went into market and there is no app there to install apk. I went to my folder and the apk is there but I can't figure out how to make it run or install. If you could look at your box it would be appreciated. On another note I emailed avov support and the reply i got was they are waiting for Kodi to come out with a final version as they say it has bugs and will be putting it on the 4k market (how long will that be?). Kodi is saying this is the final.
    From H to HU to FTA to M8 box and now to Avov TVOnline and now running Avov ViXO 2. Fifteen plus years of testing.

what that not finally forget it then
    i was thinking it was
    that not finally
    Code:
    https://kodi.tv/kodi17/
    or
    Code:
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/02/download-kodi-17-final-version/
    Last edited by Marley; 03-03-2017 at 08:11 PM.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dtvbandit View Post
    Hi Marley thanks for your replies and suggestions. I just went and had a look at my 4k, went into market and there is no app there to install apk. I went to my folder and the apk is there but I can't figure out how to make it run or install. If you could look at your box it would be appreciated. On another note I emailed avov support and the reply i got was they are waiting for Kodi to come out with a final version as they say it has bugs and will be putting it on the 4k market (how long will that be?). Kodi is saying this is the final.
    QUOTE=Ghost2k;165281]1 - Download the apk of the app that you need from the internet (you can do that directly via the browser or using your PC and a USB drive or memory card, ...), there is a lot of websites to get that or you can copy it from any rooted android device.

2 - After installing kodi, run it, go to "Programs" >> "Android apps" (here you will get all the installed apps in your box) >> "Settings" (here you will get the settings window of android), then "Security and restrictions" then turn "unknown sources" to "on", and "verify apps" and "restricted profile" to "off".

3 - Then back to kodi >> "Programs" >> "Android apps" but this time go to "AppInstaller" (the app which we will use to install apks), then select your source (local disk, memory card, usb drive), the app will search all available apks, then you have just to pick (check it at the right, don't click[if you click nothing will happen]) the one that you want to install and on the menu at the top right, click "install"[this will install from the app installer not from tvonline installer].
    *got this from another post in the forums not mine i edited a few things
    you will not see the apps in your my apps you will have to load them from kodi android apps

hope that helps[/QUOTE]

i posted that many time but yea thats it

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dtvbandit View Post
    Looking at the previous threads i see someone per Ghost2k says he has successfully installed it on his 4k. I was sort hoping that someone could provide more info. I tried installing a new app on Kodi yesterday and it was incompatible with 16 and so I thought why not upgrade Kodi to 17 since I use it the most.
    Go to kodi.tv and download the android (ARM) file, u can download it using the browser on your 4k box or laptop and save it on the usb. Ghost2k already gave you the full details. Just follow that.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost2k View Post
    working fine for me bro, i was able to change the skins without any issues but it takes time to download each one.
    I had to uninstall and re install it, then skins worked fine

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by desiboy1 View Post
    I had to uninstall and re install it, then skins worked fine
    Glad to hear that bro

yea i call that the back door way oh can you use the nova 2 app on 4k box and get epg with this on grid now i cant do any testing
    Last edited by Marley; 03-04-2017 at 03:21 PM.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    yea i call that the back door way oh can you use the nova 2 app on 4k box and get epg with this on grid now i cant do any testing
    Will that epg run with stalker?

see the epg is way better if you can get it in nova night and day difference that why im asking will do all my test in a few weeks at this point got lots to do i can tell you nova is bomb
    Last edited by Marley; 03-04-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast