Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Internet Suspended

I just experienced an internet suspension of my IP because of what they described as a complaint that I was downloading an unauthorized program. Actually, I was watching a VOD movie. Ever since the days of Football Cards, through Satellite Subscriptions and now IPTV, I have never had someone trace anything from my home. What changed? How did this happen? What can I do about it? Was it just that particular movie that I was watching? Do certain movies have trace elements embedded in them? Help please.

sorry on that look someone downloaded a movie or you copy it i got letter from them long time ago because my son downloaded a movie if that was case all of us would have gotten a letter and some kodi repos are not safe when they tell you to watch out stay away from that app there are maybe 5 that i know of that are not safe on kodi too think we should put up something which tell all the bad ones avov had one app that was not safe to use and we posted something on that any app that goes to mirc or private site are not safe unless you can log into that site we told many use a vpn for all boxes or one for the router you are safe as long as you do keep on doing it got like 3 letter all were my kids download music or cam and i called and say sorry dumb kids and all was fine never say you did it was a minor that did it
    Last edited by Marley; 02-10-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    no you had download a movie or someone did not vod
    Sorry Marley, don't understand your reply. I chose to watch a VOD movie just like I have done many, many times before and with no internet interruption. This particular movie was picked up somehow and information was sent to my IP. That is what I would like to know.... HOw?

The content providers are becoming much more aggressive about pursuing content thieves and are setting traps. You likely fell into one of their traps when you watched that VOD and they logged your IP address on their server. They notified your ISP and you were suspended. The next step that content providers will likely be taking is to prosecute or sue content thieves.
    You (and everyone else reading this) need to take steps to protect yourself and should strongly consider paying for a VPN service. The IP address that they logged would have lead them to a VPN server and not to you. Just be sure to choose a VPN service that does not log IP addresses (most of them don't).
    I run the VPN service I have through my router so that everything in my house runs through the VPN tunnel to the Internet 24/7. You will need to purchase a higher-end router if you want to do this (one with a faster multi-core CPU and more memory).

TV Addicted
    I guess the question here is whether iptvprivateserver is hosting these vod files themselves or are they linking to other streaming content providers like how kodi addons do?

If they're hosting them themselves, this is potentially scary, because how would the copyright holders know who's streaming what?

If they're linking to other hosts, it's possible that the copyright holders themselves uploaded the content just for the purpose of logging ip's and badgering isps and end users like they did on file sharing services/torrents.

Joe, did your ISP specify exactly what movie you were watching that they're taking issue with? Most of the letters I've gotten after torrenting were very specific about what was downloaded, so just wondering.
    Last edited by SebsiBC; 02-08-2017 at 03:20 PM.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by joe645 View Post
    I just experienced an internet suspension of my IP because of what they described as a complaint that I was downloading an unauthorized program. Actually, I was watching a VOD movie. Ever since the days of Football Cards, through Satellite Subscriptions and now IPTV, I have never had someone trace anything from my home. What changed? How did this happen? What can I do about it? Was it just that particular movie that I was watching? Do certain movies have trace elements embedded in them? Help please.
    following up on the previous post,

did you consider contacting them and asking what specifically was being downloaded that was unauthorized? tell them you have children and need to know to be able to prevent it happening.
    the real reason you want to know is if they have information regarding what was being downloaded versus "something was being downloaded" not knowing specific might mean they are monitoring the source but not the content.

Quote Originally Posted by SebsiBC View Post
    I guess the question here is whether iptvprivateserver is hosting these vod files themselves or are they linking to other streaming content providers like how kodi addons do?
    This is a VERY good question!

Quote Originally Posted by wag123 View Post
    This is a VERY good question!
    I don't recall but I believe the IP agent's information quoted the exact name of the movie but they only could say that the download was through my network and not necessarily me personally. They suggested I change my Network Router password to ensure any future problems. wag123; you mentioned running a VPN service through your router. As I recall these VPN after you purchase, load a program on your computer and say you are now protected 6 ways to sundown. How does these work with my router and network to protect my AVOV boxes?

He's talking about a VPN router. This is not a program you load on your computer, but rather a router with VPN capabilities. The router directs any (or all) internet traffic through the VPN you designate in the router's configuration.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by ilan View Post
    He's talking about a VPN router. This is not a program you load on your computer, but rather a router with VPN capabilities. The router directs any (or all) internet traffic through the VPN you designate in the router's configuration.
    So are you saying that the ones loaded on a computer are not protecting every device that is connected to my network?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast