How to get the best sound from my OTT

Hi I have a OTT box and my friend has 5.1 and I only get 2.0 , I went into settings and made the change to 5.1 with same outcome. We live in a Trailer that has a surround system (HT-500) and was told to use a digital audio cable, but it does not have a digital output on the back of the DVD. So anybody have any suggestions on what I need to do...........thanks........two-dogs

increase the sound amplification by clicking the ok button when the program starts click the speaker at the top of screen.

Are you talking about the two progress bars at the top of the screen because they are all the way up...............thanks

Come guys help me out here....

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    have you tried a different hdmi cable ?

By digital audio, do you mean the SPIDF connection (optic audio) ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Tried different cable and no not the spidf

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two-dogs View Post
    Tried different cable and no not the spidf
    if it has the S/PDIF connection (optic audio), then try that.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

That is just it there is no connection on the back of the DVD player there in lies my dilemma