Cool Minor Software Issue Report

For CaptainKangaroo,

I use DNS reservation on my system. That not works with T1 as its network adapter reports a different MAC every time it lights up on the network. ??? What is with that? I never saw a device do that before. It should report a fixed MAC to the network for consistent result. I guess Ok but I never saw this on a box before.
    And the network sees a different MAC than DOL reports to servers. That is a little confusing, but ok.
    So, for now I set the network IP manually on the T1 below the DNS server range.

Just an FYI. I know its probably not an issue to most users.

If not a fixed MAC on the network possible, maybe show the current MAC on the network setup page.
    That would be great to have on the wireless page too.

I tried the box on wireless. It works damned well but I have some killer wi-fi. Box only does 2.4GHz wireless but works fine with that.

Sometimes I can't figure out how to just put the on-screen keyboard away without scotching the entry I am working on. Nice to have one consistent key to press to just exit the on-screen keyboard so I can finish entering data. Maybe an [EXIT] button on the on-screen keyboard itself would work.

Wireless mouse works great for data entry.

TV Addicted
    You connecting wirelessly or wired to your network? Wifi mac will be different than ethernet mac, which might explain why the mac reported in DOL and the mac your network sees when connected wirelessly would differ. Why it would change on every reconnect is a head scratcher though.

As for the on screen keyboard, it depends, I think. Sometimes pressing the exit button does the trick. Other times hitting the ok button is the way to go.
    Last edited by SebsiBC; 02-05-2017 at 07:07 PM.

TV Addicted
    I also reported this issue in October last year, but was told not to worry (though I was not completely happy with the resolution, but then other than me neither any one complained about it nor any one was bothered about it). You can see that thread here: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...h-every-reboot

FYI - the hard wired ethernet port changes MAC every time I power off / power on.

No. I do understand the wireless MAC is different. I never questioned that.

Yes. As you also noted, exit from the keyboard is inconsistent. That is what I was reporting. Also note that [Exit] button sometimes exits the whole data entry, not just the keyboard.

As I said, these are minor issues. I am very pleased with this unit in general. Dreamlink has an outstanding reputation for building and supporting great products. I have full confidence that the T1 will be supported as well as their other products.

TV Addicted
    The mac issue is pretty bizarre. With any luck they'll make note of the issues and will resolve them soon.

I also found a potential bug, since we're on the subject. If you set the gui to 1920x1080 in the android back end, when using the DOL guide the vertical line that represents current time is out of whack and is shown too far to the left. When the res is set to 720 the line appears where it should.

Speaking of the DOL app, it would be incredible if they could add the ability to manually shift the displayed epg info by "x" number of hours (in setup, for each server individually) to compensate for every services guide being off by different numbers of hours. On my wishlist anyway.
    Last edited by SebsiBC; 02-06-2017 at 07:58 PM.